Mechman Alternators

ugh... What you gonna do about this??

mine did the same thing, not too old either. Did you have it at full tilt for a loong time. thats wat did it to mine. I sent it to mechman. took maybe a week before i got a call from him. paid, fixed, to my door i think two or 3 days after i paid. its been runnin great ever since.

Edited by fritosaregood

No Idea what happened, Just drove to the lake to watch the lightening over the waters for something to do, and was on my way home and seen/smelt smoke. voltage was at 14.5, wasnt bumping at all, or even have my subs on, just mids, tweets and a/c, it was 1:30-2am in the middle of a residential area.

I have another vid uploading now, back to stock til its fixed.

Also went thru and indvisually checked every battery seperatly disconnected from everything else, and are all holding a decent charge about 12.5 volts (a little drained because I had to drive home with no alt).

Posted Image

Edited by Bangin Caddy

No Idea what happened, Just drove to the lake to watch the lightening over the waters for something to do, and was on my way home and seen/smelt smoke. voltage was at 14.5, wasnt bumping at all, or even have my subs on, just mids, tweets and a/c, it was 1:30-2am in the middle of a residential area.

I have another vid uploading now, back to stock til its fixed.

Also went thru and indvisually checked every battery seperatly disconnected from everything else, and are all holding a decent charge about 12.5 volts (a little drained because I had to drive home with no alt).

Posted Image

mechman also said it could be a bad battery. even if its got good voltage it could still be bad. you have to do a load test on the battery.

A cheap way to load test a battery is to start your car with each battery individually. My kinetik 2400 was reading 12.9 but anytime a load was put on it the voltage shot down like no tomorrow. Found out that it was a broken internal negative post and no battery shops around me or kinetik wouldn't fix it so I molded my own post outta solder :)

Edited by Duaber

Team Sundown

Team XS Power

System:

Car: 1997 Honda Accord

Head unit: Alpine CDE-7870

Amp: 2 Sundown saz-1500

Battery: kinetik 1400 and 2400

Subs: 2 Audioque HD310 D2

Any highoutput alternator will eventually overheat if it operates at full output for too long.

You either had the setpoint of the reulator set to high, (causing the alternator to run wide open even though there is no load on it) or you have a bad or discharged battery somewhere in the bank. It is also important to note that the big bank of batteries you run in that truck will draw 60-80 amps by themselves just to maintain them at 14.5 volts, before you ever even turn on the system.

Send it in and we will turn it back around to you the same day.