Second Skin Audio

box question

harrisonG

right now i have a box that is 1.2xxxcuft and i plan on getting a 12 inch DC LVL3, according to the specs on the site it says that a sealed box between .75-1 cuft should be used. would this box be ok? and does the spec include displacement? sorry if this is a noobish question i just want to make sure before i spend money on a new box id rather try to use this box til i get a second lvl3

2000 Nissan Xterra

-Infinity 6020cs components

-Infinity 692.7 6x9s

-DC LVL 4 12

-AQ1200

-Pioneer DEHP860MP H/U

-4 channel amp for mids and highs??? I need some suggestions

I would thinks Dc's spec include driver displacement, but either way you should be fine IMO

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

bump... anyone else?

2000 Nissan Xterra

-Infinity 692.7 6x9s

-DC LVL 4 12

-AQ1200

-Pioneer DEHP860MP H/U

The numbers on the DC website are after port and driver displacement

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

yep likes i thought :P but i dont think 1/5 cu3 is going to do too much in the way of woofer health. Those guidlines are just that, guidelines, i would think you might see a dif if you were say anything more than .5cu3 too much or too little, but again it wouldnt hurt it (unless you had way too much air like 4 cu3 for a 12, then the sub would bottom out alot easier and sound like muddy gaaabage.), it would simply make things different and you would have to adjust your settings accordingly. for instance stuffing 4 12's into 5 cu3's before displacement like i did, your prolly looking at 1.25 cu3 per woofer if your lucky and this is a ported enclosure. there are positives and negatives to this, negative is that the woofers cant really breath that is to say they are not moving as much air as they are intended to because there simply isnt enough of it. which means that 2 12's in the same amount of air space could prolly generate just as much SPL because they are not crowded and are preforming effeciently.

On the positive side of things smaller enclosure tend to help increase power handling and since my subs are rated at "800" rms (which is more like 500-600 ish) and I have a 3000D on em the small amount of airspace gives a lil bit more tolerence on these budget subs before i burn up a coil.

In your case DC's pretty much 0wn, and an extra .2 cu3 wont change much maybe ever so slight make the coils a lil more sensitive (prolly not). So you should be fine just use the best tool in the world to prevent car audio and esppecially subwoofer damage which is---- your brain. Dont get silly with the boost etc etc etc just pay attention and enjoy the wangin' :P

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

So you should be fine just use the best tool in the world to prevent car audio and esppecially subwoofer damage which is---- your brain. Dont get silly with the boost etc etc etc just pay attention and enjoy the wangin' :P

Best advice.

1.2x wouldn't be to big, i think.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

you'll be fine. pop it in and play it ;)

IF you are really concerned about airspace, put some fillers in there to take up some of that airspace so that it'll take it down to what you want

i didnt even think about that, any ideas for something that would be good to fill it with if i decided to do that?

2000 Nissan Xterra

-Infinity 692.7 6x9s

-DC LVL 4 12

-AQ1200

-Pioneer DEHP860MP H/U

anything you want, 2x4's come to mind possibly even cement or bricks lol nah by 2x4's would be my choice

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Archived