Tahoe System Rebuild 2009 is ALL BUT FINISHED and PLAYING!!!! UPGRADE to RF P2 8's 12/08/2009!

15 inches is way TOO BIG in a dash man.... That shits is nuts. Some one posted up some pics of a Chrysler 300 with like a 32 or 37 inch screen in it a while back.... What is the point expect for a car under a tent at a car show. What he has is functional, not too over the top, and with the exception of no visible A/C controls, looks like it could kinda be a option from a factory or conversion company. Not that he is concerned with it " looking factory " .... but the screen fits, it flows with the shape of the dash.

Good shit man. ( I know you said you got it and all, but I am curious about you r new mounting spot ) Do ya think if you were to floor mount the mini under a seat and in a holster bolted to the floor pan that it might help it be a bit more stable.... since your damn dash ripples like water in your vids, I imagine the console probably shakes a great deal too...

Edited by trainman0978

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

06121804.jpg. I don't remeber the size. It's nice though.

That's a bit big for my tastes. I want one in my truck. I already have a 15" and held it up in diff. locations in my truck and it actually looks kinda small. LOL. I was wondering cause I wanted to retrofit a tahoe dash in my truck because the screen has a dang good place to sit.

Sorry to get off topic Steve.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

i am not trying to hate. the dash bezel looks awesome. but, is there anything going on the bezel around the screen or is it gonna be like the caddy. i love the fact you show step by step for the most part how to do it. i had to do something similar to a friends hoe. i just think it looks "chunky". again i am not hating just stating my opinion.

your opinion is your opinion.....i take good ones and bad ones all day long. Its ok, im in love with the new setup.

makes me want to do something like that you make it look hella easy but I'm sure it takes a lot of time and patience.

I think the N1 would look sick down in that spot where you have the mac mini but then again thats a lot of screen in one area.

Good Work Steve! :good:

fuck the N1 - she was a good girl but its a old ass deck and has no place in my NEW system :D The mac-mini isnt in that spot anymore. For security reasons LOL, i wont say where its at but its safe and so far is taking the beat GREAT.

steve you truely do some amazing work.....what i want to know is whats the fate for all the old t4ks

the fate is, my son will probably put 2 more in his honda for a total of 4 on 2 18's....i will probably take the MT's out since i dont want to blow them (since they were a gift from RE when my shit got stolen).....i want to keep them forever just like i do with everything that was kicked down in the early days. But ya, 4 T4k's on 2 SMD/AA 18's in a wall, in a honda........MIGHT just take the windsheild out :D Soon, REAL soon, he will be starting and i will help a little but im gonna let him do as much of it as he can safely do on his own :)

hes gona stick em in my truck for demo vehicle of his new subs.... shhhhhhh dont say nothing

good work meade the dash looks better then i expected it

thanks man!! I really really love it!! not to mention its DEAD SILENT compared to the N1......i have never been able to get rid of that super slight engine whine i had.....i mean it was only audible at volume zero but i could still tell. I have 4 alts so i was blaming that - and i tried EVERYTHING to stop it. The only thing that has done the trick is a new headunit and a Mac-mini :D Its like i dont even have any electronics in the car when im at zero volume now, its amazing!

06121804.jpg. I don't remeber the size. It's nice though.

Lots of work and i respect that but its way too much for me and doesnt look right. I think my 10.2 is perfect, not to big, not to small.

I've thoroughly enjoyed watching this rebuild unfold, but I really don't care for the screen in the dash.

Oh well, I'm sure you didn't do it to please me. :)

watch this vid and see if that changes your mind, especially the end with me rolling down the blvd with itunes :D If it doesnt change your mind then oh well but i think its the sickest shit i have personally done to any of my rides. I am at work and i cant wait to go driving again! My door panels, when they get here and all the speakers that go in them, will be icing on the cake!

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

holy sh!t steve this is coming out amazing! i neeed a Demo bad man your like the man when it comes to car audio. you really got me inspired to work on some stuff just dont have enough talent. nor skill to do all that you make it look easy as crap but i know better. ha but hey i got a quick question. ok i just bought the rockford fosgate components the T162S that you put in the hoopty and i saw the vid that you posted on how to set up mids and highs. well on the manual it says when not bi amping only connect the mids on the crossover. but in that vid that you had it looks like you bridged them like the tw positive and the mid negative. does that give you more power or did i just see wrong please tell me how to set this up to get it sounding amazing. please oh and one more thing what do you thing would be better for powering two sets of these components a 2008 version t800-4 or a 2009 version t600-4?? thanks again but the hoe is coming out straight fire bro keeep it up!!

I know your really busy man but i need your help bad. oh by the way nice dash man keep it up