Need a new computer.......

here's a link, this is CHEAP AS HELL

http://www.cheapstingybargains.com/154222/...een-flat-panel/

$409 + shipping and it includes a 21.5" lcd monitor

just built basicly the same thing on tiger direct, but with a 22 inch monitor, not no cheap ass dell generic mother board and a 250 gig hard drive for 419 shipped. Dell sucks, motherboards are generic pieces of junk. and this guy wants photo editing abilities, aint going to go far with a dell with "integrated video"

Okay, so I'm an admitted PC dummy..... but I do know that PC's require about 8 different pieces of hardware + an operating system.

1) Tower

2) Power supply

3) Memory

4) CPU

5) Motherboard

6) Graphics card

7) DVD burner / player

8) Hard drive

9) Operating system

{luckily, I don't need a monitor, keyboard, or mouse}

But still, Dustin, I don't see how you could collect all of these items "without" a monitor, let alone with, for $419 ? Could you please take my list and put $ amounts beside each item, to show me how you worked it out ?

I'm kind of feeling like (as has been mentioned in this thread) that building your own PC is the right thing to do, for any mid to high levelPC...... But for a budget system, I need to see a list like mine broken down, to show me how I could possibly benefit from having my PC built {note: I have buddies who can easily slap one together}

Not really thinking about Dell much now though.

The Systemax PC's seem to get REALLY good reviews... great values... and if I need help (which is PC dummy like me certainly will) their tech people (all here in the US) speak perfect English.

Hmmmmm,

Fish

PS, Somebody please compare the proccessing power / memory required for gaming, to that required for video editing. I haven't a clue....

just built basicly the same thing on tiger direct, but with a 22 inch monitor, not no cheap ass dell generic mother board and a 250 gig hard drive for 419 shipped. Dell sucks, motherboards are generic pieces of junk. and this guy wants photo editing abilities, aint going to go far with a dell with "integrated video"

if you dont have anything about buying from big box stores.....

quadcore and ddr3 if you arent doing real extreme photo editing this would do it no problem.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1218089773975

asus is also a great company. they are the largest mother board company out.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1218092152238

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1218092152723

I know there is alot of bestbuy haters out there. I work for bestbuy and you can get a service plan that covers all your hardware issues for $150 and it covers it for 3 years and you can take it and drop it off on a counter with an actual person instead of having to call customer service or having to ship it out to someone.

Okay, so I'm an admitted PC dummy..... but I do know that PC's require about 8 different pieces of hardware + an operating system.

1) Tower

2) Power supply

3) Memory

4) CPU

5) Motherboard

6) Graphics card

7) DVD burner / player

8) Hard drive

9) Operating system

{luckily, I don't need a monitor, keyboard, or mouse}

But still, Dustin, I don't see how you could collect all of these items "without" a monitor, let alone with, for $419 ? Could you please take my list and put $ amounts beside each item, to show me how you worked it out ?

I'm kind of feeling like (as has been mentioned in this thread) that building your own PC is the right thing to do, for any mid to high levelPC...... But for a budget system, I need to see a list like mine broken down, to show me how I could possibly benefit from having my PC built {note: I have buddies who can easily slap one together}

Not really thinking about Dell much now though.

The Systemax PC's seem to get REALLY good reviews... great values... and if I need help (which is PC dummy like me certainly will) their tech people (all here in the US) speak perfect English.

Hmmmmm,

Fish

PS, Somebody please compare the proccessing power / memory required for gaming, to that required for video editing. I haven't a clue....

1.Case and 300 watt power supply------39.99

2.RAM 1 gig ddr2--------------------------12.99

3.CPU and motherboard-----------------154.99

4.Graphics----------------------------------19.99

5.DVD burner drive------------------------29.99

6.Hard drive--------------------------------44.96

7.Operating system------------------------89.99

Total-------------------------392.90

You could also save money by not getting the operating system, just use windows 7 for the next year, it works great!! All of that was from tigerdirect, and it is not the cheapest stuff there, prolly could of went about 50 bucks cheaper if you really want to skimp, you could even go with on-board graphics, but screw that!! Thats a 250 gig hard drive, a dual core 2.8 gig intel processor, a very decent samsung internal SATA dvd burner a cheap ATI video card and Windows XP home edition SP3.

The main problem I have with prebuilt pc's is they often skimp in places that shouldn't be skimped on... for example, power supply. IMO, it is better to spend a little bit on a power supply, as you don't want it crapping out on you and taking the rest of your components with it. If you are doing a lot of photo work, you are probably also going to want a bigger hard drive. If you are doing a lot of photo work for other people, I would suggest some fault tolerance and doing some kind of raid setup. Don't your drive to fail in the middle of a project and lose everything.

if you need a sound card let me know.. i've got a couple good ones that i want to get rid of... one comes with a remote that controls all the audio functions and if you got any car stereo stuff you want to trade i will be more than happy to do it

For beats Click Here

Head Unit- power acoustik 8" touchscreen

doors-RE 57 fr

sub - sundown audio e8

amp-PG v752

Hey Dustin, ya' see now, although you have shown that one can certainly build their own PC for $400, looking at the price of the things on your list, it would lead me to wonder if a PC built on this kind of budget, would / could be any better than a factory built one ???

I mean, most factory "budget systems" use power supplies of 300 or 350 wts..... them I see a bunch of people talk about that being a crappy low powered setup.

$19.99 for a graphics card ? How well does that perform ?

Honestly, the 1 thing about your list that seems like a positive to me, is the $89 operating system.... Since I assume that is Windows XP, which I already know, and am used to...... While factory built PC's are trying to force me to use Windows Vista. What's even crazier is that a few PC companies still offer XP..... but charge like $100 to $150 to > downgrade < to it ? WTF ???

This whole "getting a new PC thing" is really freaking killing me. There just doesn't seem to be any good, agreed upon, easy options :(

Fish

Archived