Second Skin Audio

Help Choosin Some 8" Woofers

I say go for a couple 2006 Kicker L7 8's. They have the same cone area as a 10" each, and I heard they pound for as small as they are.

I would agree

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

Id go with the Kicker CVR 8", my brother jus got one in a big ported box tuned pretty low and that things hits lower than alot of 12's ive heard, i was impressed by the output of that lil thing and there around $100

are you sure it was an 8? because i dont think a single 8 can get lower than a single 12. not unless your brother has one of those magic boxes.

xplod.jpg

refs: chode69, superduper

are you sure it was an 8? because i dont think a single 8 can get lower than a single 12. not unless your brother has one of those magic boxes.

yeah it can you put up a nice 8in sub against a decent 12 and the 8 will prevail i mean comparing a kicker 8 to a kicker 12 then maybe not but like a kicker 8 to a sony 12 then shiet id say the kicker has a good chance

i have limited space, its a 06 tundra, i think im gonna drop 2 8 under the seat, i only have a 4.5" mounting depth, i want some good spl, can that happen with a pair of 8s in a seald box? not sure how many cubes the box is, here is the link

http://www.soundoffaudio.com/item.cfm/id/2207

i was hoping Fi had some 8s

hey bro, get some Tang Bang 8's.there worth ever penny!!!!! go to partsexpress.com and look for tang bang.

I didnt believe it either, but this 8 in the box some guy locally made that 8 got lower than some 12's, it wasnt as loud as some 12's but got lower I was simply amazed!!!

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

Here is the Tang Band Subwoofer.

The W8-740C is one of the highest excursion 8" subwoofers available on the market. It utilizes a heavy-duty paper cone, foam surround, and bumped back plate for maximum mechanical movement. The 2" 4-layer voice coil, vented pole piece, and heavy-duty aluminum voice coil former provide impressive power handling. Excellent for small-enclosure home or automotive subwoofers.

Specifications: Power Handling: 150 watts RMS/300 watts max *VCdia: 2" *Impedance: 4 ohms *Re: 3.2 ohms *Frequency range: 28-1,000 Hz *Fs: 28 Hz *SPL: 84 dB 2.83V/1m *Vas: .81 cu. ft. *Qms: 10.53 *Qes: .30 *Qts: .30 *Xmax: 12mm *Dimensions: A: 8-1/4", B: 7-1/4", C: 4-3/4"

$56.99

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.c...tnumber=264-854

post-891-1176155147_thumb.jpg

Edited by AlpineGuy87

06 SCION tC

interesting i like that freq range much better then my hx2's but i had to check since its listed as one of the highest excursion woofers and the HX2's have a 14mm x-max... then again they arent available on the market (ebay not included)

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer