Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I actually dont know anything about this- i've NEVER gotten anybody mad at me ;)

-Drew

haha, drew is the funniest :ph34r: i ever knew

J.A.M AUDIO

Owner

North Texas

Authorized DC Sound Lab Dealers

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

Posted

So I'm looking at some laws and it looks like if your vehicle can be heard from 50 ft away it is a disturbance of the peace.

Some other sites that I see show dB charts and on average 50-75db is moderately acceptable meaning louder than that and it is unacceptable noise.

I know the officer can use a dB meter and base his decision off of that.

so I found a loophole :D

there was a reason I underline heard.

it does not specify that if the music is felt from 50 ft away than it is a disturbance.

if it so happens to shake your windows and make noise then the windows would be the source of noise not the car shaking them.

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Posted

so I found a loophole :D

there was a reason I underline heard.

it does not specify that if the music is felt from 50 ft away than it is a disturbance.

if it so happens to shake your windows and make noise then the windows would be the source of noise not the car shaking them.

you try that shit in court and the judge will just laugh and say pay the ticket, lows dont travel as far as higher notes do, i posted a thread a long time ago about asking which could be heard farther

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Posted

The worst noise laws I've heard of are in a city down state a lil ways... Mt. Morris Township, they straight up impound your car if they hear you bumpin.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Posted

Is that true? I thought they always said the lows travel further and can be heard further?

david who is an admin on here was the one who answered my thread, saying that higher notes can be heard farther, he said lows should be, but for some reason the higher notes are

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Posted

I believe higher notes can be heard further away because they are more audible to the ear than low notes are.

I'm talking about being felt.

inaudible subsonic frequencies that destroy the earth below them

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Posted

here in marshall Illinois.... if your stereo can be heard from 75 feet away it is a $75 ticket... and i believe the next one is $125 and so on.... there is no db metering... it dosent matter if you have a stock radio and speakers....... but normally the cops dont care during the day unless it rediculously loud... but at night they become dicks.....

when i was younger i always kept my remote wire on a switch... so if i saw them i could just shut the amp off... but now that i have grown up some... i dont listen to it full tilt all the time and i am more considerate of people sleeping.....

and i also live in the country..so my property is fair game for bassquakes any time i please...plus i dont care about my neighbor.. he is an asshole anyways!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

Posted

I know for real like really you are going to pull me out of my own car and say you are under arrest for playing loud music HELL NO its not like I sit there with every door open and blast the shit for hours its quick and sealed.

thats the part that has got me wondering how he heard it that far away.

everyone at lowes heard me sealed the loudest thing outside of my car is my windshield wiper on the back since I have 25sq ft of deadening on every door.

my car sealed up doesn't sound loud, step inside my house and it's boomin pretty good... fucking sound acoustics.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 110k miles | Stock

 

1996 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr 4wd | 260k miles | JVC Head-unit

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8399 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...