After all the $#!+ I've talked......

about iPods.....

Let me just put it this way; Talk about a hipocritical SOB ! ;) There. I said it for you :)

I just bought an iPod touch, and this thing is pretty freaking cool. I still don't see myself using it with my truck stereo. I have a $29 flash drive that works just fine for that. Also, I don't see myself carrying it around to have music in places other than in front of my PC... or while driving my truck.

But what I think it will be GREAT for, is that I'm BIG time into photography.... both general photography, as well as fish photos. Well, I've already got close to 700 photos loaded on it (and my entire 700 song music collection, and I'm only using about 1/2 of my 8gigs :) ....so I can just carry this thing in my shirt pocket, to show a buddy my latest big catches.... then, if somebody else is there, and maybe wants to see my "all time biggest", I just scrolldown a few folders, and Bam ! ... or if somebody doesn't give a $#!+ about fish, but they are into photography, scroll to the general photo folders, and Bam ! I can show those off too :)

Can't wait to get a new PC that can handle video editing.... so I can put a handful of my favorite vids on it also.

And BTW, I'm TOTALLY impressed with the sound quality ! The ear buds sound clear, but not much bass. On the other hand, I played it through some light weight, cheapy headphones (some Bass 305 actually) and I could not believe how deep and clear they were. Loud ? Come on.... what is it like a 1/2" subwoofer :) LOL But really nice sounding though !

Then, the dude at Best Buy was showing me some head phones that were in the $80 range, that he said had a ton of deep, solid bass... for headphones, that is). I might have to get those too ;)

Pretty freaking amazing technology though. Very cool little toy :)

Peace,

Fish

yeahh i was the same way 250 bucks for something cus u can touch it to play when i can get a sansa for 50 but my bro bought one and now im addicted aha

oh and btw for headphones you can get sme skullcandys for cheap at fye by me idk what is around you and put on the bass boost and be good

or radious makes a pair call atomic bass that kill skull candy on bass and they have amazing quality thyre around 30-40 just as good as the 80 buck ones you mentioned at least just not a popular name kinda like fi or something there not mainstream lol

Edited by BIGD502

ipods ftw.

i have a ipod and iphone and they both kick ass.

have about 1600+ pics on my iphone and i was showing a friend a pic the other day and he goes whats the 1600 for lol :rolleyes:

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

totally off topic, but are you in cali? i wanna hear your truck bad after seeing it in steves vid

I think he's coming out this weekend.....to lowes....

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

JailBreak it and throw some Nes rom's on it and you will have a old school NES in a hand held version. I did mine and luv it.

Shannon

2004 Tahoe.Equipment Kenwood DNX7100 Kenwood Bluetooth adapterKenwood iPod interface cableAudiocontrol DQXSAlpine PDX 4.150Rockford Fosgate punch 40DMS Diamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Front DoorsDiamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Rear DoorsJL Audio 15w0's Subs In a 8cu. ft. Box.Monster cable XLN PRO RCA'sMonster Cable 16ga speaker wireMonster Cable 1/0,4ga power, Ground cable.I only got this Monster Cable stuff because I got it dirt cheap. (Crack Head Prices)

Hey guys...

Logan, I wanna' see your F150 too. I'm definately going to try and make it to Lowes this Friday.... but if I miss this one, I'll be at one very soon. With my work, my hours totally vary, depending on if they need me or not.

JailBreak it and throw some Nes rom's on it and you will have a old school NES in a hand held version. I did mine and luv it.

Yea' huh ! That's what I'm talking about ! .....wait a minute.... WTF did he just say ? :unknw: Sorry man, you guys will have to educate me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, about those earbuds...... I heard about those sometime back. A lot of guys were raving about them.

But here's the thing; I got those little in-ear things that came with it.... zero bass. Then I got these totally cheap (like $9) headphones, that put out WAAY more bass !

So then, this guy shows me this set set of nice looking, well built, large, but light and comfortable headphones, in the $80 range, and says they slam.....

So to be honest, I was on the way out the door to get them, when I sit down and see you guys saying >

oh and btw for headphones you can get sme skullcandys for cheap at fye by me idk what is around you and put on the bass boost and be good

or radious makes a pair call atomic bass that kill skull candy on bass and they have amazing quality thyre around 30-40

As long as they are "headphones", I can believe a $40 set having as much bass as an $80 set. Wish we had those readily available... But hey, are those Radius Atomic Bass ones also headphones ?

go pick up some $15 SkullCandy ear buds and put the EQ on treble booster and you will love it much more

But are you saying >>> More bass than a good set of headphones ??? If you all swear to this, I guess I'll believe it, but its just hard to imagine...

Hmmmm,

Fish