Box Design for 2 18" BTL's in a Avalanche....last page

cnate777

Army guy you have resonded twice to something that you have NO knowledge of.....so while appreciate you resonding I think that this thread is a little out of your league......Thanks

If you are familiar with the T2000bd if has a infrasonic switch either on or off, there is a gain, there is a freq knob adjustable from 32 hz to ?, and a master, slave, and single switch.....

The infrasonic is on, gain at 1/4, freq is at 45, and single is switched.......took the truck out and it is still bottoming out........the BTL's cant handle it.......as far as taking a pic.....the way the amps are mounted you wont be able to see anything.......

infrasonic is the ssf, set at 27-28hz automatically... the 45hz setting he's talking about is the lpf.

learn amps, dumbass.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

good luck keeping those subs together with 250" of port for a 10ft box thats 25" per foot subs are not gonna like that daily you act like he is running lms or xxx with huge excursion the btls will be good in 10ft and 150" of port I have heard them in that box before straight swap from MT's sounded great for btl's the more power the less box and port used unless you don't use them daily I will be running 4 15's in 11ft in my blazer so I can keep my subs together with 5-7k each sub

I'm not gonna argue, I just know the accepted formulas for building boxes.

Heres a good calculator based around those formulas.

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

2 x 18" subs w/ 28mm xmax @ 33 hz actually calls for 283^2" of port.

Anywho. Even Fi's recoomendations of 12 to 16 ^2 per cube puts you at 120 to 160. Which was the point all along. 100^2 is just too little.

Edit: Sorry that's 12 to 16^per cube per sub. so 2 subs = 24 to 32^2 per sub per cube. with 5 to 8 cubes recommended per sub.

I'm not gonna argue, I just know the accepted formulas for building boxes.

Heres a good calculator based around those formulas.

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

2 x 18" subs w/ 28mm xmax @ 33 hz actually calls for 283^2" of port.

Anywho. Even Fi's recoomendations of 12 to 16 ^2 per cube puts you at 120 to 160. Which was the point all along. 100^2 is just too little.

Edit: Sorry that's 12 to 16^per cube per sub. so 2 subs = 24 to 32^2 per sub per cube. with 5 to 8 cubes recommended per sub.

If you do that he's going to be slinging the soft parts out on the ground..that calculator is terrible.

Not to mention his port would probably be close to 8 feet long with 283 square inches of port...to tune it anywhere decent.

Follow our guidelines, do what we say to do. It's all spelled out on the website and our forum very clearly.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

PM me some max dimensions and I can get you a box design. . .

Brian

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Archived