Sonic Electronix

Hey Im about to start on my trunk and put in all my batts, amps, amp rack, and maxxlink in. But for the longest time I cant figure out a good spot to put the spare, and still have to accessable. I didnt really care until like a month ago I got my first flat ever with my car and had to use it. Now Im all paranoid that it might happen again and I wont be able to do anything about it. Is there anything I could do? Need some ideas please. Car is a 2004 Lincoln LS. Any input would be appreciated.

always a hard question to answer...this is why I envy trucks and SUVs that have them mounted underneath...only real options you have is to either configure a false floor setup thats hinged and will allow you to lift it up, wire it a certain way so you can get to the spare, or possibly try and design something like I tried a while back, and glass a spare holder as a rear center console haha...there arent many options...besides run-flats...

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

always a hard question to answer...this is why I envy trucks and SUVs that have them mounted underneath...only real options you have is to either configure a false floor setup thats hinged and will allow you to lift it up, wire it a certain way so you can get to the spare, or possibly try and design something like I tried a while back, and glass a spare holder as a rear center console haha...there arent many options...besides run-flats...

Yea man I've been thinking hard on coming up with something like that. I need to think harder! lol

Probably not the answer you're looking for, but mine sits in the garage. A membership to AAA and a charged cell phone has been getting me by.

How much you pay for the membership?

back seat ftw lol jk.

gotta make a choice though. mine is still in the stock location but i cant get it out w/o like 45 min of work which i had to do the other day.

Edited by troy

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

ha i hear ya for sure when you want to get at your spare lol.not sure on your cars trunk layout, but a can of fix a flat in the trunk takes up less space and leave the spare at home :D otherwise depends how much you would want to tear that LS up, and im guessin ya wouldnt lol

ha i hear ya for sure when you want to get at your spare lol.not sure on your cars trunk layout, but a can of fix a flat in the trunk takes up less space and leave the spare at home :Dotherwise depends how much you would want to tear that LS up, and im guessin ya wouldnt lol

I actually wouldnt mind man. I dont think this car will ever resale again. Unless someone want to buy a walled off LS! lol

cut the bottom off the spare tub and hinge it somehow, think it was said lol. have it drop from the bottom but seal up still too. renforce it all so it dont drop on the highway, cool if it was moterized. this cold has my thinking WAY off today lol, car might sit a lil too low for that anyways, could be wrong though

Edited by cracker