Sonic Electronix

After seeing meade's 11th/12th rebuild videos i was wondering if someone can explain to me the pros/cons of soldiering/crimping terminals on to the wire? And what kind of soldier to use.

Honda Accord 4 Door

Current System -

(2) 12'' Mtx Thunder 5500's

(1) Alpine Mrp-m1000 @4Ω

(1) Pioneer Deck Deh-3500

(1) American Legacy 1.0 Farad Capacitor

(1) Stinger Voltage Meter (Blue)

Big 3 Knu 1/0

Box 3.4^3@37hz

demo402.gif

Soldering is usually better than using standard crimping methods, I use 80/20 rosin core solder, however If you can get access to a hydrolic crimper, that would make a connection equal to a good solder joint if not better, with the kind of pressure the hydrolic crimper puts out evenly around the terminal you get what you call a cold fusion connection. here is a pic of a terminal from Chargers build that shows a hydrolic connection hack sawed so you can see what it looks like.

formed.jpg

And here is the crimper he used

crimper1.jpg

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

damn, if your doing lots of installs thats a great tool, but for a weekend warrior the soldering method would be the less expensive route to go...

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

i use 60/40 rosin core for all of my soldering. The reason i have used solder is because it allowed me to reuse terminals. all you have to do is reheat the terminal up (after its been previously soldered) and pull the terminal off with pliers.

crimp terminals are great because you typically get a better electrical flow. soldering creates more resistance than just crimping wires.

you wont really go wrong either way. there are probably more answers to your questions though.

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

Soldering is usually better than using standard crimping methods, I use 80/20 rosin core solder, however If you can get access to a hydrolic crimper, that would make a connection equal to a good solder joint if not better, with the kind of pressure the hydrolic crimper puts out evenly around the terminal you get what you call a cold fusion connection. here is a pic of a terminal from Chargers build that shows a hydrolic connection hack sawed so you can see what it looks like.

formed.jpg

And here is the crimper he used

crimper1.jpg

At work we have a hydraulic crimper that we picked up from harbor freight for like 60bucks... We got it for when we are working in trunks and need to crimp. Works fucking awesome... anyone interested in pics?

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

I found it on HF...if you waited you could have gotten 10 bucks off :)

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=66150

EDIT: I should have waited till page two, but a cheap one...

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=66396

Edited by dsoccer

2x 10' Polk Momo MM2104

Alpine MRP-M500

Custom Fiberglass Enclosure

4x Polk db 6.5's

RF 450.4

Pioneer DEH-4000UB