Sundown Audio

Amp Wont Push Subs, At All... :(

Rocky.ca

might be a cut in the remote wire and maybe a cut in the rca's that would make them not get a good connection cause thats what happened to one of my amps the remote wire was cut and the metal was showing and the amp was ticking but fixed it and everything worked then

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Check your inline fuse again. I would bet money that it's blown again & that you have your power wire pinched somewhere.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Check your inline fuse again. I would bet money that it's blown again & that you have your power wire pinched somewhere.

Just what chris said. check your fuses and ALL wiring completely to and from the amp.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

It sounds like you are losing power someplace along the line.

Check your power and ground wires!

Make sure you got a good ground on the body and that it is tightly secured, you could even try regrounding your amp someplace else, but make sure to scrap any paint away to get the best ground possible.

Also check to make sure your positive wire is connected tight at the battery.

If you got a battery charger laying around, try hooking it up to the battery charger and just jump the 12volt positive to the remote and see if the amp plays. Dont try playing it to loud tho because the battery charger most likely cant supply the current needed for the amp. Or even talk to a buddy with a stereo and see if you can just try your amp in his ride.

Ok, i im going to pull my power cable over the next few days and see if there are any nicks or something in it. I will do the same to my RCA's. Im gunna get a better bolt for my ground connection, its hard to expain but that might be the reason. I might even bring it to a stereo shop to see what they think. I will keep you guys updated

So i tightened up the power wire to the battery and re-grounded my amp and POOF, smokey smokey. have no clue why but I am going to be sending it back pretty damn soon. I re-hooked up my rockford p6001bd and it works like a charm. The wierd thing is... the planet audio amp still turns on and does the exact same thing it did before it blew, (power light turns on and thats it). hopefully I can exchange it for a diff amp