Basshead08 Posted September 14, 2009 Report Posted September 14, 2009 When you guys fiberglass the inside of a box for strength do you fiberglass the entire inside of the box or just the joints and corners? System tear out has begun...Out with the old i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme
bigredishott Posted September 14, 2009 Report Posted September 14, 2009 I just do joints and corners. I also do a 50/50 mix bondo and glass resin. Alpine CDA-9847 HU F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU 3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"
WaTTz305 Posted September 14, 2009 Report Posted September 14, 2009 whole box. i brush the whole box thru the inside and let it harden.... i you have a ported box put ALOT of resin in it brush resin in the inside and especially the inside this way the air will flow smoothly thru. not only that but your box wont leak for shizz
mbdblue Posted September 14, 2009 Report Posted September 14, 2009 well you said for STRENGTH....so you want to add some mat or cloth to that resin...resin alone will add no strength...itll seal the box up and make it airtight...but wont strengthen anything. the threads or weave in fiberglass mat or cloth is what adds strength, not plain resin. AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco
bigredishott Posted September 14, 2009 Report Posted September 14, 2009 I just do joints and corners. I also do a 50/50 mix bondo and glass resin. Mat too! Was just assuming. sorry Alpine CDA-9847 HU F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU 3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"
Basshead08 Posted September 14, 2009 Author Report Posted September 14, 2009 Yea I'm talking glass and resin. Looking to make my new box as strong as possible. System tear out has begun...Out with the old i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme
Crump Posted September 14, 2009 Report Posted September 14, 2009 What I do, is 1 layer resin.... harden.... cut cloth peices to size of sides top bottem and baffles,... then add resin put cloth on and call it done. but there is no such thing as too strong (for boxes) Team gg Team doa Installs I have doneMy 2010 Rebuild 144 db so far....2 DC xl 10s Firing into cabin on a RF 25002 12" AQ HD's powered by a Saz 2k + Lots o Mids+Highs
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.