Second Skin Audio

Ported box for two Type Arrrrrgh's

Type R-12 enclosure Ideas  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What enclosure do you think I should build?

• 1.3-1.5 tuned to 32-4
    • 1.75 tuned to 34
    • 1.75 to 38
    • 2-2.5@32
    • other (explain below)

anythign from 30-60hz isnt midbass

Going to restate what was in this window because I didn't understand what I just said after I posted =P

me=fail

I would rather go lower with my sub stage and just get another set of drivers for midbass. That is what I meant when I said it shouldn't be that hard to fill in the midbass.

Edited by ktownsdriftking

Too many projects, too little time...

ahh I gotcha lol.

Sorry I'm about as sharp as a plastic toy butter knife today, I'm dead tired lol.

I'm open to suggestions about size and frequency but am considering something in the 2.5-3 cube range, shared chamber with one slot port for the most part. I was just reading a thread about loading so I am kinda nervous about that though; maybe I should run a big skinny port on the upper or lower side of the front baffle so the subs load equally?

If you got questions I will do my best to answer them in the morning.

Too many projects, too little time...

This is my current set up. very happy although I should have lengthened the port a bit to lower the tuning closer to 35hz.

these dimensions are (outside dimensions) 32Wx14Hx17.5D. tuned to 38hz with the 12.5" tall x 3.5" wide port. porting this way eliminates the need for additional bracing. And, obviously, the enclosure in the pics are for 4 subs, at 64"w, so just cut the enclosure in half for 2 subs....yea, I know, but felt that if I didnt say that....some one would say something :tease:

the back "L" is 3.75" long. so lengthen a bit more, (check re program for tuning length?) and increase depth of box to keep cubes......tired, if this makes no sence, I will fix it tomorrow.

IMG_2347.jpg

IMG_2344.jpg

Edited by 98crewcab

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

im pretty sure alpine suggests no more than 1.75cuft per woofer

EDIT... yes the manual says the vented enclosure range is .75 to 1.75cuft per woofer... the optimum size is 1.3cuft net...

you guys cant just throw a sub in any size enclosure you want... these enclosure specs are build specifically for the woofer... and at 2cuft im willing to bet it wont handle shit for power... especially playing chopped and screwed... you need as much cone control as you can get...

you clearly don't know much on enclosure design if you only look at the "recommended specs"

This is my current set up. very happy although I should have lengthened the port a bit to lower the tuning closer to 35hz.

these dimensions are (outside dimensions) 32Wx14Hx17.5D. tuned to 38hz with the 12.5" tall x 3.5" wide port. porting this way eliminates the need for additional bracing. And, obviously, this is for 4 subs, su just cut the enclosure in half....yea, I know, but felt that if I didnt say that....some one would say something :tease:

the back "L" is 3.75" long. so lengthen a bit more, (check re program for tuning length?) and increase depth of box to keep cubes......tired, if this makes no sence, I will fix it tomorrow.

IMG_2347.jpg

IMG_2344.jpg

your figures up there are wrong even if they were 10s 4 wouldnt fit across the 32w you say your using

nvm

Edited by P4killer_

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s