Dale's Enclosure Build (update: More Pics Added)

Glad i could help with the pic man.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

ok so i tried pulling the box away from the tailgate a little. got it about 4 inches away. the only difference is that the tailgate rattles significantly less than it did before. the bass drops hard and hits rock bottom. i'm buying some sound deadener soon. that'll help.

yeah, i was actually running the same setup almost, except with aero ports and hifonics power in a blazer (until it got wrecked last week :( .... ), but if you get about 3 layers of dynamat extreme everywhere, it'll blow your mind how good it will sound

-------------------------------------------------

1st place circuit city car/spl show (maplewood,MN) 2006

146.6 dB's with 2 12" L7 and 1606d brutus

3 layers is a lot and will def help alot. that sucks bout the wreck.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

yeah, i was actually running the same setup almost, except with aero ports and hifonics power in a blazer (until it got wrecked last week :( .... ), but if you get about 3 layers of dynamat extreme everywhere, it'll blow your mind how good it will sound

is FATMAT any good? i saw 100 sq ft on ebay for about 90 bucks

sure is... its basically all the same some use asphalt bases some dont, but basically all te same until u get into the sprays and foam lined acoustical mats and heat blockers.....but fat mat, roadkill, second skin, hushmat, all works good. I use hushmat cause we carry it at the shop.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

sure is... its basically all the same some use asphalt bases some dont, but basically all te same until u get into the sprays and foam lined acoustical mats and heat blockers.....but fat mat, roadkill, second skin, hushmat, all works good. I use hushmat cause we carry it at the shop.

thanks for the info....i'll look into it

I have a question. I wasn't quite sure where to post this so I'll just do it here. At night my bass sounds different. Weird I know. It sounds like the sub amp clips easily at night. It's hard to explain but the bass sounds like it's being driven with an amp that doesn't have enough power and is operating at full tilt. Now before you say it's my lights sucking up my power, that's with all the lights off. The voltage is pretty much the same (tested it). Maybe I pound it so much during the day that the battery is dead by night time. Is there some hidden thing that's causing this or is it just me? To be more exact the bass sounds a little more muddy like a subwoofer clipping from not enough amp power. That's what it sounds like. And it always happens right around the same time....6:15pm-ish (between 6 and 6:30) Really weird.

it could be that your battery is getting weaker throughout the day or somethin with temperature changes

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Archived