Morel Speakers?!?!?

I was at my buddys shop today and I was looking for some new tweets and he walked into a back room and came out with a box of these tweeters and said these would do you good but you dont want to know the price on them. I was looking at the box and the specs where just nuts 220 watts rms, and 1000 watts peak......

So now Im looking at ordering some of their comps maybe instead of running focal.

Has anyone ever ran these before? He said he use to run them in his blazer back in his competition days and sounded great, but he hasent heard any of their new speakers at all.

So if anyone knows anything about them, let me know!

Thanks

http://www.morelhifi.com/

These guys have been around forever, I used their stuff for P.A. and monitors back in the day.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Guest MegaloManiac

Was it the Supremo tweeters :) I've heard some in a Tahoe, I dont know what happened but he was having problems in is ride only 1 of his tweeters was playing and no mids were playing either, but that 1 tweeter playing was riduclouslyy loud, he absoultely had no reason to send that much power to them. but hey it was CLEAR.

yea the supremo's.

SPECIFICATIONS SUPREMO SUPREMO PICCOLO

Nominal Impedance 6 Ohm 6 Ohm

Power Handling 220W 200W

Max. Transient Power Handling 1000W 1000W

Sensitivity (2.83V/1M) 92dB 90dB

Frequency Response 1400-25000Hz

Limit: 300-50000Hz 1400-25000Hz

Limit: 300-50000Hz

Voice Coil Diameter 28mm (1.10") 28mm (1.10")

Voice Coil Wire Hexatech Aluminum Hexatech Aluminum

Magnet System Neodymium flat pancake design Neodymium flat pancake design

Dome type Acuflex hand coated soft dome Acuflex hand coated soft dome

Unit diameter 100mm (4") 67mm (2.63")

Mounting Depth 50mm (2") 32mm (1.25")

From what Ive been noticing is that all their speakers have a max rating of 1000 watts. I know peak isnt crap, but that is still nuts, and from what my buddy josh said they will take every watt and still be clean and clear. He said the cones on the mids are so thing that you can put one finger on top of the cone and the other on the bottom of the cone and still feel your fingers.

Im really thinking I gotta check these things out and hopefully they are worth the money. I trust my buddy since he won multiable tropheys and has 1st place national trophies, but Im just trying to find out as much as i can before I go spending $1500+ on some comps.

Morel is some good shit man!

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

• 2 weeks later...
whats the point of the 1000w rating is its rms is like 200?

They are, but even still 200 watts rms for a tweeter is nuts. And from what I hear (by a world finals winner) is that they can take every drop of power and play loud and clear. I know that peak is nothing to judge by, but when your talking about 1000 watts peak too a tweeter thats pretty nuts...

Yellow coned dd's I was looking at them long throws for a while now too, since im a dd fanboy myself, and the new designed dd's are sick, how do yours sound?

Im still kind of trying to figure out on what I want to spend and am kind of stuck between dd, focal, and morel for my mids and highs. But was almost thinking about going old school and getting some image dynamic horns :lol: