daughter sung silent night last year in the 3rd grade and other daughter diff school sung ol little town of bethleham in kindergarden(last year)

myself i can see why they would ban the songs though as schooling isnt supposed to favoritize any religion over the other, no biggy to me.

No Christmas songs in school but THIS is OK????

Christmas is a holiday for christians only. This is a "melting pot" country where we're supposed to have freedom of religion as well as seperation of church and state (can't have people making laws cause "god" said so right?) A song about obama (in a positive light that is) is a song about the president of the country we are all supposed to love. A song like that is patriotic. Schools are run by the government and want children to be raised on these principles.

Now whether or not the government is lieing to us about how great said government is, is in the eyes of the beholder (ignorance is bliss by the way).

Yeah- this is disturbing. To follow or support the nation is one thing, but an individual (ANY Individual, btw...) is not patriotism, it is worship and indoctrination. What if they had been singing songs about Bush, or Regan, or if elected... McCain? Would that be fine with you too? I wouldn't want any one of those either. Obama endorses Hugo Chavez- what if the songs were about Chavez? What if we were in 1930s-40s Nazi Germany and that were Hitler? Of course, I take this to extremes... or do I? Hitler was just one man like Chavez, like Obama, like Bush. In America, we don't put all of our eggs in one basket. We don't have a King or Queen or an Oligarchy or Monarchy.... we have a series of checks and balances that make up America's political system. I think they already have a song they can sing called "The Pledge of Allegiance" - but that is getting phased out because of the "under God" .....

America's laws were/are based on Judeaeo-Christian laws and beliefs- what many believe about God (I'm walking the finest Religion line ever there... I am not pushing religion here in any direction).

A song about Obama is just that- a song about HIM. Not about America. To be patriotic is to love America, not one person as a representative of all of America. No one individual can accurately represent the collective that makes up America- even if he is the President.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

• 2 weeks later...

He's trying to get little Obama soldiers.

It's sad that he is so well thought of by the younger children because they have no idea..

This country is going to cease to exist unless things like this are put to an end.

I can't even say Merry Christmas at work to customers but they can sing about Obama..

:01nocomment8so:

4 18's, low power and lots of gay fur.

Team gg

Team DOA

My Videos :)

well i didnt get a chance to hear the song but i can surely tell you that if i were in school, i would not be singing a song like that, and ill be dammed that when i have kids, if i let them sing anything like that either. its redilculous what we can and connot say in this country anymore, where has our backbone gone?

currently just running a JL 12W7 and RF BD 1001

soon to come

soundstream XXX 18

Memphis mojo MCD4KW

Big azz box in tha backseat

working out other details

soundstream.jpg

logo_mca.gif