Sonic Electronix

Re-Invention of SPL competition

Nirvalica where at in NNJ?

Ed get with sam the man horn and he can give you some ideas about fun shows. Hes retired now but his shows always rocked it.

also how about king of th eparking lot? Put the mic on a stand by the drivers window windows down and see how far way a person can get before there Db level dropped below the threshold set. And music only no tones.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

how about DVD's like the ones from Crime Pays, Lowlife, and Domination the Video, they have coverage from shows and then a couple up close looks at vehicles, the finals coming up would be a great place to shoot one, maybe one from the SBN and so on. Like i said over on Termpro, until we can get more shops to run shows, it's never going to grow.

'00 Honda Civic Si IASCA stock trunk/pickup 1 World Record 4/20 150.6/150.7dB
Team DC Team XS Power

Team ISB

Steve's Body Shop
http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

To generate spectators you have to have some of the fantasy, just like the monster trucks and such. The issue today is that a lot of competitors cars look like demolition derby cars and less like Alma gates truck. To get spectators the competitors have to have the complete package of a system, and vehicle. It's not impossible but it would take the greats to all come out at once and basically generate the buzz in the first "season". This would show that there is a craftsmanship to the sport. I am sure somewhere in Kansas there is a hillbilly with a Bronco lifted all ridiculous that can jump multiple cars but no one wants to see a rust bucket do it. Does that make sense?

Starting From Scratch!!

another thing you can do is like its been said have a budget on a system and how people how to install it but then show real viewer installs during it like see this is what so and so is doing and interview big name installers as well as have them help too

For beats Click Here

Head Unit- power acoustik 8" touchscreen

doors-RE 57 fr

sub - sundown audio e8

amp-PG v752

Nirvalica where at in NNJ?

Ed get with sam the man horn and he can give you some ideas about fun shows. Hes retired now but his shows always rocked it.

also how about king of th eparking lot? Put the mic on a stand by the drivers window windows down and see how far way a person can get before there Db level dropped below the threshold set. And music only no tones.

I'm in Sussex County. Sparta, to be exact. I really like your idea about king of the parking lot. That'll give nearly anyone with a system a chance to compete. Plus, that's often times all a lot of people care about as far as their system goes; how loud and far away it can be heard.

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

I'm in Sussex County. Sparta, to be exact. I really like your idea about king of the parking lot. That'll give nearly anyone with a system a chance to compete. Plus, that's often times all a lot of people care about as far as their system goes; how loud and far away it can be heard.

too funny I live in milford pa. You're right across the bridge.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I think some of what has been lost in competitions is the fun. Rule changes and isolation of real store customers has hurt the sport.

The return on investment for a store owner has been lost in the focus on why a shop would host a show. Some of this is the promoters fault, some the shop owner.

if you want mass media exposure then you need to show why people would want to watch. It would be a hard sell to show a 30 sec run of either burps or bassrace runs over and over each week. What we do is harder to convey on screen then it is in person.

I agree with you that its not as fun anymore.

I don't really think it would be all that hard to sell the idea. They have many other "sports" that make it on TV that are completely boring.

I liked how finals last year you could watch on your PC. Only problem is takes way to long and you get bored waiting for something to happen. Whatever kinda format it must be more exciting.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

All good insight and ideas guys.

Thank you for having input.

Please keep it coming.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

I think some of what has been lost in competitions is the fun. Rule changes and isolation of real store customers has hurt the sport.

The return on investment for a store owner has been lost in the focus on why a shop would host a show. Some of this is the promoters fault, some the shop owner.

This is more about going on with what kingsuv is saying and not too much with the whole television thing. I agree that fun is down, i guess thats more the promoters job than anything. The big thing hurting stereo comps is that your regular store customers with ENTRY level systems have to run against people with xxxx runs of 1/0 and a 5000 watt amp in a BEGINNER class. If they lost by a few tenths or even a few DB it would get them interested in a new box design and some better gear. Now when this same customer who lets say has 500w amp and a single twelve to run either Street A in DB drag or Street 1 in Meca, he's guaranteed to get STOMPED buy a good 10-15 db if anyone with a CRX rolls up. Tell me who would be interested in coming back for another show.

Right now the best thing for Stereo competitions in the past 5-10 years has undoubtably been the BassRace format, people with equally loud systems competing, with the chance of breaking out. Its the same thing that they did with automotive drag racing when all it took to win was $$$$$. In Bracket racing you pick your own time and write it on your windshield. Get familiar with your vehicle and if you push faster then the class your in you lose. I would love to see a format that takes the big money out being competitive.

I think Meca had the right idea using fuses to limit power, but the diehards are still gonna pull 3000 watts out of their 40 amp fuse for just a second or 2 before it blows. Midwest SPL is a little better with the clamped power, in Meca you know when your fuse blows and your run is over, in Midwest SPL, your running blind, you don't know if you won or lost until the judge plugs your current and voltage into his calculator.

I think we could get many shops to start doing more shows if there was an add on for the termlab that did real time power output. To keep it simple just use cone area + power output for your class breakdown. Competitors with less cone area are given more power and vice versa. This format would have the same idea that both a combination of cone area+power would give you your class and would have the excitement of BassRace because there would always be a chance of breaking out.

Example 2 Competitors in Meca Street 2-pressure class is limited at 1000

Competitor 1 has a single 12" sub for 113in^2+887 watts to reach 1000.

Competitor 2 has a pair of 15's for 353in^2+647 watts to reach 1000.

Competitor 1 starts his run 30 second run at 600 watts plus his 113in for a total of 713/1000 and hits a 135.

Competitor 2 plays 400 watts plus his cone area of 353 for a total of 753/1000 and does a 137.

Competitor 1 bumps it up to a 138 and uses 800 watts plus 113in^2 for a total of 913/1000 in the process.

They keep battling back in forth until the end of the 30 seconds with the chance of breaking out always looming.

I think this format would limit ridiculous amounts of cash in entry level classes and bring lots of new competitors into the sport.

Tell me what you guys think of this.

Archived