wire stipper suggesttion

What kind of wire are you trying to strip?

These are what I use everyday for smaller gauge wire:

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P6...amp;dir=catalog

These are what I use for when I'm tapping into wires:

200-072.jpg

and for stripping/cutting 4gauge or larger:

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?se...re&tool=all

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

I'm a fan of the T-Rex style strippers. PartsExpress The built in cutter with efficiently cut 12g speaker wire, but you have to be careful not to stick too much in there otherwise you can ruin the pivot. They do take a little while to get dialed in but once you do you can take a wiring harness and strip 4 wires with one motion in the jaws. This stripper saves lots of time if you are going to be doing lots of deck installs. Also this style of stripper will automatically strip a coaxial antenna cable without going into the second layer. I still use a regular scissor style stripper for making larger larger cuts up to 4g.

I'm a fan of the T-Rex style strippers. PartsExpress The built in cutter with efficiently cut 12g speaker wire, but you have to be careful not to stick too much in there otherwise you can ruin the pivot. They do take a little while to get dialed in but once you do you can take a wiring harness and strip 4 wires with one motion in the jaws. This stripper saves lots of time if you are going to be doing lots of deck installs. Also this style of stripper will automatically strip a coaxial antenna cable without going into the second layer. I still use a regular scissor style stripper for making larger larger cuts up to 4g.

I got the same thing, but matco.

I love it

2004 Yellow F150 STX 4x4 Single Cab

2 Yellow DC Power 270SP's Alts

4(and counting) XS Power 6500's

4 DD3515s Supercharged

53cu.ft 4th order blowthrough

8 DD M1b's

6 Selenium 8's

2 Selenium ST350s

154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp

Build Log

i have a big klein for thicker wires and a smaller klein wire stripper for speaker wires etc. i like my wire stripper to have a spring in the middle, makes it much easier