Sonic Electronix

I think the biggest thing people miss when grounding to the frame is the grounding of the battery to the frame as well.

If you ground to the frame in the back, you are still dependent on the factory grounds up front. Engines sit on rubber motor mounts ;)

The other thing people really miss, is cleaning the surface of the frame ( on both sides) to get a good solid connection.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I just thought of something else with the frame. Usually your frame isn't nearly as nice and clean as the one pictured up top. It's a piece of surface rust hot mess. That can reduce resistance right there.

Most vehicles need 2 grounds because of rubber mounts. The ones with solid mounts don't have to worry about that. The factory ground usually attaches from the battery, attaches to the body and then somewhere to the engine block. Some trucks are going to have a ground strap off the engine block to the firewall. Big 3 absolutely helps, especially since some of the grounding straps are braided aluminum!

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

It would be interesting to get a resistance of a complete frame ground. from the copper going to the frame then the frame going to the battery. Then get a resistance of 15 feet of 1/0....then see how much power is lost.

I guess cost is also a big factor here....

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Is the cost of say 50 bucks worth the few extra tenths of decibel, or the tenths of voltage? Absolutely.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

50 bucks for a couple tenths is cheap

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

It's very cheap. Any time I run 1/0 or bigger, I almost always run a 1/0 ground from front to rear battery.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

50 bucks for a couple tenths is cheap

we talked about this yet again last week but the first bit of "good" advice when i started going to the shows was ground to the battery, thats the only way i will do it, and only way i have done it since...that extra 15 feet of 0 gauge needed to run from front battery negative terminal to the rear amps or battery bank is 100% worth it, nothing is worse than a faulty ground at all....it can burn up amps almost as much as stupidity (kinda inside joke, bill knows what im talkin about :lol:)

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Well, here's the scoop. Let's get some guys with unibody cars to do it, and let's get some guys who have a full frame. To do a true test, we'd need some guys that attach right to the frame, and the guys who attach to the body, and those guys who use the ground runs.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160