Best Sounding Sub For Under $300

sean 371

What's up with those power ratings? 1200 rms, 2400 music, 4800 peak?

I'm guessing that means theyre recommending 1200 for daily, 2400 for bass race, or comps with music playing, and 4800 for a burp?

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

no idea... i dont understand half of the DD website... and honestly i dont think dd cares

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

no idea... i dont understand half of the DD website... and honestly i dont think dd cares

LoL

Like I said they will take 2400wrms each for daily driving without even thinking twice. My friend is running an audiobahn a2400hct to each 15 and they slam pretty good. If they made the 3500 series in 18s, Id probolly buy 2 of them just for the simple fact that my 9512 is so power hungry, but then again the 3500s are too, but just not as bad. You wont be disappointed with the 3515 at all I dont think.

I still think these are the best specs on Digital Designs site tho. I cracked up when I seen this.

But dam that is one sexy sub, too bad that the 10 inch costs $5,000.00 alone......

Posted Image

EMO??? Wtf is that to mean? the sub gets emotional? rofl..

We, at DD, strive to push the boundaries of a lot of things that are a big hassle to deal with. And why did we do all this... because we want to.

Yea its a bad ass sub.. It almost seems like they are starting to do crazy things like these to be cocky. LoL I dont know, but I do know I need to find myself a rich fat chick and marry her and tell her to buy me some goodies :lol:

Edit: Keep your eye on this auction Sean. http://cgi.ebay.com/DIGITAL-DESIGNS-12-SUB...1QQcmdZViewItem

They say its a 9512, but from the basket to magnet ratio it is looking like a 15. Current bid is cheap at 45 bucks too.!

holy hell that sub is crazy! i dont get the joke on the specs though.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

• 1 month later...

mtx 9500

2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Black with Black 20s

Tuscani Smoked Headlights

Carbon Fiber vinyl seats

Carbon Fiber Inserts on Doors

Alpine D-310

Alpine Type X 6 1/2 in fiberglass pods in doors

Type X 5 1/4 in fiberglass pods in rear pods

Rockford 800.2 for door speakers

2 JL 12" W7s in hatch in painted fiberglass enclosure

Oval port

Carbon fiber inserts

Rockford 2000 for subs

Rockford capacitor and rockford distribution blocks fiberglassed behing backseat with plexiglass covering

*Coming Soon*

Painted Fiberglass roof

2 Alpine 7" monitors motorized from above visors

Headrest monitors

Body kit

Complete Body Shave

Archived