So im looking into getting the new Ipod touch 3rd gen 64GB and my contract with verizon is up in like 5months. So i was thinking instead of getting the ipod should I just pick up the Iphone 3Gs and use it as a ipod until I get AT&T or what?? Also is there anyway to use the Iphone with verizon if I unlock it?

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

At&t has a GSM network. Verizon uses CDMA. All iPhones are manufactured for GSM carriers, the world standard. Be advised that if you change to At&t the cost monthly is usually much higher. I pay about $100 a month with a 600 minute Nation Wide plan, including a $30 web fee and $15 text/MMS fee.

If your crazy enough about the iPhone then I'm sure you will pay the crazy monthly price. It's a great phone though. I've had no problems since their recent network upgrade, allowing picture and video messages. 3G has shown a lot of improvement. Reception is fine for me. It's not perfect but it beats Verizon's horrible phones with good coverage.

DDAudio002-1.jpg

lP lR O Jl lE C T - C G 6

DD 9512G - DD M2A - DDA W - DD S4A - ALPINE W505 - IMPRINT

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought the 16GB 3GS two days ago. I had a bb storm with Verizon and it sucked! There are 5 folks that sit by me at my job and they all had iphones. I was in denial at first but now I see the light. Yes, I had to pay the cancellation fee. However, I gain so much more than what I was losing. I got the 450 nation plan w/rollover. Of course, you have to pay for the data plan. However, you have to do that on Verizon smartphones too. I say get the iphone.

you can't buy a brand new iphone from at&t or apple w/o a contract. just a FYI

and I say get a smaller ipod touch now and get hte iphone in 5 months. I have both and use my ipod when I'm really listening to music, just so I don't drain the battery on my phone

i just got the Omnia wit verizon and this mofo is awesome may not have the same type of apps as iphone but it does the same thing and reception is great

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

• 2 weeks later...
you can't buy a brand new iphone from at&t or apple w/o a contract. just a FYI

and I say get a smaller ipod touch now and get hte iphone in 5 months. I have both and use my ipod when I'm really listening to music, just so I don't drain the battery on my phone

I could buy the 3GS from ebay ;) and right now I have a 8GB ipod touch and its filled(1,200 songs) and I have over 10,000songs. My verizon has like 1 year 8months so Im stuck here for awhile. *sigh*

:ph34r:

Edited by IHaCKeIR

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

My Youtube

Feedback

Posting from my 3gs right now it is awesome... Speed is awesome... Just tested 1.4mbps down and 480kbps up

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

So im looking into getting the new Ipod touch 3rd gen 64GB and my contract with verizon is up in like 5months. So i was thinking instead of getting the ipod should I just pick up the Iphone 3Gs and use it as a ipod until I get AT&T or what?? Also is there anyway to use the Iphone with verizon if I unlock it?

Verizon is going to be releasing the "droid" in November and so far it is being portrayed as the Iphone killer- who knows I'd wait for actual user reviews

As xxx24xxx stated Iphones are made for a different radio technologies (CDMA and GSM) so no Iphone on verizon.

I recently viewed a Power point presentation from a Site Engineer that works for verizon with a time table for their 4G (LTE-long term evolution), and it was slated for sometime in 2010. This also means all carriers will have a "4G" solution or equivalent with 6 to 12 months. So the good speeds will only get better.

Rebuild coming soon

We dont even have 3G where im at yet(for AT&T) and have horrible 3G for verizon haha. But there have been ALOT of rumors that the iPhone will be coming to verizon for the 4G.

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

My Youtube

Feedback