2005 SUZUKI XL-7,18" dc lvl 3 all done

The way you have it right now is not a proper ground/ it will not flow the amount of current your amplifier is drawing, the connection you have can and most likely will, GET HOT, ARC, if it is not a solid connection and you are not getting the proper surface area of contact it can easily melt the copper and cause a fire, or cause your amplifier to shut off due to low voltage, your amp WILL run hot and have problems with the connection you have currently. Not to mention you risk running grounding issues, and intermittent contact.

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

AND i forgot to mention its not just the point of contact that will have problems, the wire itself can get very hot as your voltage gets lower your trying to pull more current to get the same amount of power, your wire with a proper connection is only good for flowing X amount of current at X voltage, if you drop the voltage you now need to flow A TON more current. The wire can get very hot, the entire wire. If its a positive wire this could melt the casing and short it out.

just a thought :)

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

i cant find any 1/0 ring terminals in my local store's.

where you live? i might have a couple laying around

PM me if need be

• 3 weeks later...

well, today was a fucked up day for me.

i re-run all my wire's , 0 gauge and my amp wire, made a hole little bigger and putted a plastic tube thru it, so wire wont touch metal. Moved my amp underseat in the back. But when i was mounting it to bottom, i ended up drilling a hole in AC line. So now i got no fucking AC, + i gotta get it repaired, which is probably around $200. Everything was going perfect, till that shit happened.

well, today was a fucked up day for me.

i re-run all my wire's , 0 gauge and my amp wire, made a hole little bigger and putted a plastic tube thru it, so wire wont touch metal. Moved my amp underseat in the back. But when i was mounting it to bottom, i ended up drilling a hole in AC line. So now i got no fucking AC, + i gotta get it repaired, which is probably around $200. Everything was going perfect, till that shit happened.

:rofl:

sucks about the a/c tho

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

Archived