Second Skin Audio

How do you know if your subwoofer is broken in?

SubXero

I've always considered "break in" as mechanical. The more the woofer plays the more efficient the woofer becomes and Fs lowers. Although new subs may have a smell when first heated up a but I would never give anybody the advice "turn it up till it smells"

When it doesn't get any louder or lower its broken in.

I've always considered "break in" as mechanical. The more the woofer plays the more efficient the woofer becomes and Fs lowers. Although new subs may have a smell when first heated up a but I would never give anybody the advice "turn it up till it smells"

When it doesn't get any louder or lower its broken in.

Agreed. While I do get nasty farely early after putting them in I've also been know to play 30hz freq at low volume to make sure all them extra spiders like to get along with ea other. lol

• 2 years later...

The sooner you tost them. The sooner the waranty kicks in. Do it before experation date. lol. I go ham as soon as i get them. If i smell it burning i turn it down. Whats the Point! in a year to 4 years most eole want a new set up. If you baby it you will never enjoy them. Unless your doing comps i dont think its that huge of a deal.

King dingalingIts not finished till i say so Bit@^!

• 3 years later...

i usualy will play at half amp power and play at low and slowly turn up as time goes by until i have it turned up almost all the way then let em cool off the first day then after that i play at full power at low volume and slowly work up to the same volume as before until they just barely smell give em a break and you should be good gives the suspension time to adjust and loosin up and the coils time to get used to the heat will make your subs sound alot lower and louder and make them last alot longer hope i could help

Archived