As long as your sound isn't distorted you really should be okay. With me I've heard lots of systems that were quieter then mine but hurt my ears or caused ringing due to distortion. Especially with an overdriven amp or tweeter

ive heard that many a times that only distortion does it. eventually bass will do it, but mostly distorted highs. i think its kinda funny that everyone is telling me im gonna go deaf/am going deaf now, but i ask them if they heard a certain thing, and they always so no. thats when im like, nuff said :)

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

:blink: I DONT KNOW HOW HE DOES IT!!! i was cruisin with Steve this weekend..... he lets that shit plaaaaaaaaay! FTW i swear to god i could use a oxygen tank when im smashing with him... but yeah he lets that shit play, and when his favorite bass lines come on he turns up the bass! THAT SHIT IS SO BAD ASS... some of you know what im talking about! :blush:

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

sounds like the ultimate thrill ride!

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

I used to ride around with my shit on full tilt but it has since been removed so now I roll around with none. Although my wife insists I have hearing damage and I just tell her no its called selctive hearing.

DCSOUNDsig.jpg

2006 SPLMAX Bass Race Competitor of the Year

2006 Bass Race 156 points

Team DC Sounds

Team Maxxsonics

Team HR

Team Second Skin

Team Hooker Audio

http://dcsoundlab.com/

2006 Bass Race 156 points

2008 Starting from scratch

:blink: I DONT KNOW HOW HE DOES IT!!! i was cruisin with Steve this weekend..... he lets that shit plaaaaaaaaay! FTW i swear to god i could use a oxygen tank when im smashing with him... but yeah he lets that shit play, and when his favorite bass lines come on he turns up the bass! THAT SHIT IS SO BAD ASS... some of you know what im talking about! :blush:

UMMM you really shouldn't be on Oxygen and have an open flame in the truck ;);) puff puff

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

ive heard that many a times that only distortion does it. eventually bass will do it, but mostly distorted highs. i think its kinda funny that everyone is telling me im gonna go deaf/am going deaf now, but i ask them if they heard a certain thing, and they always so no. thats when im like, nuff said :)

Same here man, I still have amazing hearing & can hear things a lot of others can't. The bass just doesn't seem to hurt my ears as long as it isn't distorted & such.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

yeah, i have perfect hearing also

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Well before I came into the Marine Corps, I did not have anything other than 2-12's and now after playing the 6-12's I had in my explorer until last year...I cannot pass a hearing test. I played it full tilt every day...every where I went....Paying for it now and in the future. Don't care though. I still love my subs.

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

You gota let that shit just play!! other wise whats the F'n point of doing all that we do! I let that shit PLAY! If some one trippen at the light I give them the rest of bass knob. I just had my anual hearing test and it has had no i'll effects on my hearing. But I have noticed more ringing when I sit in a quite room!

SMDsigbannr4.jpg-

someone correct me if im getting out of line here but from what i remember your ear has small hairs that vibrate to send the sound signal to your brain but if a loud enough sound comes it can make those hairs fall out and they never grow back so you have less signal being sent to your brain which causes deafness. low frequency sounds do not make these hairs fall even at high volumes because the hairs fall out do to the magnitude and wavelength of the sound coming into your ear. if the magnitude and wavelength is greater than the hairs can reproduce i guess then they end up falling off. low frequency sounds have such a low wavelength that its pretty damn hard to go deaf from it. what you could be going deaf from is all the speakers and tweeters blaring trying to keep up with the subs. i felt like i heard that somewhere but maybe im just pulling that out of my ass so someone correct me if im wrong but i believe im at least somewhere in the ball park