Sundown Audio

the best SQ amp out there

just1moreamp

Audison

McIntosh

Arc audio

Focal

Soundstream reference

OLD SCHOOL 4 CHANNELS!!! <------------- imo better for mids/highs over new school... just my .02

audison imo i love LRX and VRX amps

Mcintosh, crazy expensive imo but sound nice

Arc Audio i souldnt really call the fs or FD lines SQ they sound just like all the other amps out there, the SE's are nice imo though.

Focal, i wouldnt even put thier china made amps in the same class as the others mentioned

Old Soundstream ref amps, i liked alot

to add on

other amps ive owned and loved

Helix espirits

sinfoni

genesis

TRU

There are no sq amps. All amps do is amplify the signal given to them from the head unit. It's better to spend more money on a quality head unit and speakers and buy a good amp from a quality company that is made with good parts that does it's rated power. It's true that some amps have lower distortion THD than others but the differences in levels between those amps is inaudible by human hearing. Anything under 10% is truly inaudible.

A lot of these amp companies and folks on EBAY make their money off of people believing this crap.

There are no sq amps. All amps do is amplify the signal given to them from the head unit. It's better to spend more money on a quality head unit and speakers and buy a good amp from a quality company that is made with good parts that does it's rated power. It's true that some amps have lower distortion THD than others but the differences in levels between those amps is inaudible by human hearing. Anything under 10% is truly inaudible.

A lot of these amp companies and folks on EBAY make their money off of people believing this crap.

not really wanting to go there with you, but you are wrong sir.

If YOU cant tell the difference between a RF amp and a Audison amp then thats all god... BUT I can.

Every time

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I do agree with the fact of spending more on a headunit. But saying all amps sound the same is kinda like saying any box with a port will sound the same.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

It's true that some amps have lower distortion THD than others but the differences in levels between those amps is inaudible by human hearing. Anything under 10% is truly inaudible.

Fail. 10%? Maybe if your system is shit. Using Sheffield Labs THD test tracks on my reference headphone rig I can hear the difference between 1 and 2% THD. Less than 1% it gets tricky, admittedly.

And double fail, amps sound very different depending on the components used. THD @ Watts isn't the only benchmark of an amp's performance. Things like slew rate make a huge difference to the way an amp sounds, they just never get published because Joe Bloggs off the street doesn't care.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

not really wanting to go there with you, but you are wrong sir.

If YOU cant tell the difference between a RF amp and a Audison amp then thats all god... BUT I can.

Every time

I wouldn't waste my money on an Audison amp unless I got it on a good deal. My RF amps suit me just fine. However my head units and speakers are top notch. I have heard close to 100 different amps and the majority of them sound the same. There are a few that were cleaner sounding than others. That may be than some of those amps put out slightly more power than the others.

zapco?

03 Ram 1500 3.7 v6 quad cab

H/U: Pioneer 4200UB

Subs: 4 DC LVL 4 15s D1

Sub Amp: 2 Crescendo 3kwp strapped

Highs Amp: Crossfire xp240.2

Highs: Crossfire 2 rs69, 2 rs52

Alt: DC POWER ALT 270XP

Batts: 5 sprinter data safe

Big 3 0ga

New Truck 03 Ram Build Log 6 DC Audio lvl2 15's

My Wrecked 99 Dodge Ram Sport Build Log

02 Ranger X Cab Build

02 Ranger Build 2

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

My linkhttp://www.crescendoaudio.com

http://www.dcpowerinc.com/

http://www.crossfirecaraudio.com/

Youtube Vids

Might have the same badge, but those things are a long way away from the Heavy Iron (aka Real) Crowns. We used to call them Harvey's. If you don't go Harvey's in the amp rack, you're going to fall arse over tit and die.

Those JBL Crowns are just DC Macrotechs I hear.....

Cheers,

Mick

orly? man i love the macrotechs, might have to try and get my hands on one. our small P.A rig we've been using lately is amped up with a vz5000 for subs, and 2 36x12s for mids/highs. does the job pretty well with 2 turbosound 15" 2 ways per side and a danley 15 per side. but we're about to buy a big apogee rig, i think its powered with some crest 7000.1's and 8000.1's but im not sure.

back on topic,

id say probably something from audison for car audio purposes.

i love the natural warmth of a tube amp, but i dont see a tube amp doing too great in a car.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Archived