cc_audio Posted October 11, 2009 Report Posted October 11, 2009 So, most of you know I build speakers, and do reconing on my free time- which lately I haven't had much free time due to working 50-60hrs a week. I had a guy at a stereo shop in Yuba City come to me to recone 6- 15" MA Audio EHO subs. These were all boxed up in the wooden crates, and I was almost done, I only needed to tear down 2 more, and recone them. I had 4 reconed already, no domes, nothing soldered. 2 were closest to the door way/garage opening, and somehow last night between 7pm-9pm these 2 incomplete subs were stolen Yes they were shiny, and chrome, looked pretty, But I did have a 4" coil monster 18 about 2 ft to the right, and another 18" next to that, with numerous 10"s and 12s that were complete So... These 2 15s were jacked sometime while I was at Kragen's 25-30mins just before 8pm, or when I was eating dinner, all the other time I was in the garage on and off all night long So, in a way I'am fucked, but again, I have 6 backups . That better not be my 18!!! You just gave me a heart attack! You better install an all steel door with three dead locks tonight because they WILL be back, whether its an inside job or just some random stanger. If I was a brain dead low life, I would come back for some more candy to steal. Oh, and stick my sub under your bed. Just incase. I'm serious. Under the bed now. It's all gone! The Celica Build Feedback If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!
Forevrbumpn Posted October 11, 2009 Author Report Posted October 11, 2009 So the garage door was closed before they were taken...and someone opened it and ran off with the subs? It's pretty strange that only the incomplete ones were stolen...nothing was in boxes either right? So you have bunches of subs sitting around, some obviously more beastly than others, and two incomplete MA Audio ones were stolen? Just trying to get a feel for the situation. I'd try contacting the police maybe...and let the guy at the stereo shop know what happened. As far as whether or not it was an inside job...that's a damn good question. I really don't think it was someone you know, because if it was, they'd know about all the other (ie greater) subs you have too...and I bet those would be the targeted ones. No, the garage was open. But the thing is, everyone here knows me, and me and my neighbors watch out for each other Like I said, never had a problem, this is a good neighborhood- But today, I learn my lesson As far as the inside job part, I question that only because it was to random to grab incomplete subs, when there is obviously better subs next to the 15s I wont let the guy at the stereo shop know anything until about tomorrow, when I get the other motors, and frames- Just tell him there was a change of plans The MA motors were horribly built from china anyways, the mesh screen covering the pole piece vent were metal, and scratched the coils because the wire would stick out in to the gap, the gaps were rediculessly wide, so BL wasnt that great in the beginning I learned my lesson, and time to tighten up security here now- Off to the DizPo (home depot) I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Forevrbumpn Posted October 11, 2009 Author Report Posted October 11, 2009 That better not be my 18!!! You just gave me a heart attack! You better install an all steel door with three dead locks tonight because they WILL be back, whether its an inside job or just some random stanger. If I was a brain dead low life, I would come back for some more candy to steal. Oh, and stick my sub under your bed. Just incase. I'm serious. Under the bed now. haha... yes, your 18 is going inside again... They probably didn't take yours because they were bitches, and couldn't lift a 85lbs sub lol edit: Wow, didn't think of that one CC, thanks for reminding me, if they stole those 15s, AND yours, wheeeewwwww I think I would be broke for awhile!!! I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Boon Posted October 11, 2009 Report Posted October 11, 2009 Yeah I'd be pretty worried about them coming back for more to be honest... 10.x volts fo' life!
Forevrbumpn Posted October 11, 2009 Author Report Posted October 11, 2009 Yeah I'd be pretty worried about them coming back for more to be honest... I think I will go Rambo on them, and do the trip wire with the log that has spikes on it, come swinging down, and do some serious damage I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Forevrbumpn Posted October 11, 2009 Author Report Posted October 11, 2009 The crime scene.... no comments on the mess please...... Lets see how clean your garage is when you work 50-60hrs a week, and free time is spent building subs.. lol I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
lilmijo651 Posted October 11, 2009 Report Posted October 11, 2009 i think add a cam some where down your drive way so it able to catch anyones face... best bet if they did come back you can show the video to the police so they can help you inentify them and hopfully they have solen b4 and the police can recognize em
S15_Silvia Posted October 11, 2009 Report Posted October 11, 2009 The crime scene.... no comments on the mess please...... Lets see how clean your garage is when you work 50-60hrs a week, and free time is spent building subs.. lol Is that yellow cone I see mine? XD I think a good security measure would be to get really long bike locks and lock the subs together in groups of like 8...I'd like to see people take a group of 8 at one time. 2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix | On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said: 3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man. My feedback thread
E a r t h Posted October 11, 2009 Report Posted October 11, 2009 shit like that brews my anger. the worthless feeling that you get cuz you dont know who it was is the worst part for me. time to tighten up for sure
1992Chevy K1500 Posted October 11, 2009 Report Posted October 11, 2009 That sucks man. I say it was just a dumb thief who grabbed the nearest looking expensive item. Hide everything else and buy some crappy subs and paint them to make them look expensive. Then laugh when you realize that they realize they got royally screwed. My comp setup (Not bad for what it is): HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with: 15.4" widescreen AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor 2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz) Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD 128MB shared video memory Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours) What it does: On a USB 2.0 Wireless card
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.