Forevrbumpn Posted October 11, 2009 Report Posted October 11, 2009 So, most of you know I build speakers, and do reconing on my free time- which lately I haven't had much free time due to working 50-60hrs a week. I had a guy at a stereo shop in Yuba City come to me to recone 6- 15" MA Audio EHO subs. These were all boxed up in the wooden crates, and I was almost done, I only needed to tear down 2 more, and recone them. I had 4 reconed already, no domes, nothing soldered. 2 were closest to the door way/garage opening, and somehow last night between 7pm-9pm these 2 incomplete subs were stolen Yes they were shiny, and chrome, looked pretty, But I did have a 4" coil monster 18 about 2 ft to the right, and another 18" next to that, with numerous 10"s and 12s that were complete So... These 2 15s were jacked sometime while I was at Kragen's 25-30mins just before 8pm, or when I was eating dinner, all the other time I was in the garage on and off all night long So, in a way I'am fucked, but again, I have 6 backups . In the 5 years I lived at this address, I have never ever had a theft issue, my truck and step daughters car get egged about every 6 months, no idea why.... Since I have never had any theft issues here, and anyone who actually knows me, and they steel from me knows they will get there ass capped, should I think this is a inside job? I mean like someone I know? Someone who knew of the subs maybe? I mean like I said, I had all these complete subs built all around these other chrome MA audio subs, yet the incomplete ones were stolen What yall think I should do? I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
98crewcab Posted October 11, 2009 Report Posted October 11, 2009 sounds like an idiot just got stupid and grabbed the first thing he thought was worth something. just file a report, see what the insurance says about it, and keep your chit locked up. sounds like orangevalle? my buddy lives out there and gets egged every couple months as well, and has no idea why?!?! 06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck) 7" BDS HC lift kit (5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts (5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962 tablet in lieu of deck blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control) 4 Alpine type r 10's 6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz 2 brutus brx5000.5's 2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars 4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps 1 pair 8" polk audio for mids 2 xspower d3400 batteries.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!
Forevrbumpn Posted October 11, 2009 Author Report Posted October 11, 2009 sounds like an idiot just got stupid and grabbed the first thing he thought was worth something. just file a report, see what the insurance says about it, and keep your chit locked up. sounds like orangevalle? my buddy lives out there and gets egged every couple months as well, and has no idea why?!?! Thats what Iam thinking... my gf found a clamp about 1 house away to the left, meaning who ever took the speakers ran that direction, or got in to there car in that direction I have a video camera, I just need to hook it up. I want to do a motion sensor light, and the camera hooked up to my DVR, or computer. I or someone is always in front of this screen I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
cracker Posted October 11, 2009 Report Posted October 11, 2009 thats fucked man, either just some random person decided to check out your spot or inside job, leaning to the random person cuz the ones that were taken were nearest to the door right? and prob just 1 person since only 2 were taken. just my pennies thouigh. March 2010 SOTM winner my old buildhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/50219-dank-aka-crackers-bonne-new-v2-build-in-the-works-hahahaaaaaa/page__hl__crackers my youtube page - http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jackiedan04#g/u my feedback - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/56540-official-cracker-feedback/ i need tacos and bass to live!!!!! and will NEVER change hahaaaa TEAM NOIZE VIOLATION
edgar Posted October 11, 2009 Report Posted October 11, 2009 yes it looks like some dumb dude saw the other subs but since "their not shiny" they not be as good hope you find who did this and beat him up
skittlesRgood Posted October 11, 2009 Report Posted October 11, 2009 probably just grabed the 1st 2 subs he could and took off. but now they know how much more you have and might come back. make sure to secure that door a lot better. are you friends with this customer? maybe he told one of his friends about you and the stuff you have, as a normal conversation, and he came and took them. but hes going to be pissed when he finds out he made away with broken subs. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
S15_Silvia Posted October 11, 2009 Report Posted October 11, 2009 So the garage door was closed before they were taken...and someone opened it and ran off with the subs? It's pretty strange that only the incomplete ones were stolen...nothing was in boxes either right? So you have bunches of subs sitting around, some obviously more beastly than others, and two incomplete MA Audio ones were stolen? Just trying to get a feel for the situation. I'd try contacting the police maybe...and let the guy at the stereo shop know what happened. As far as whether or not it was an inside job...that's a damn good question. I really don't think it was someone you know, because if it was, they'd know about all the other (ie greater) subs you have too...and I bet those would be the targeted ones. 2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix | On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said: 3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man. My feedback thread
Forevrbumpn Posted October 11, 2009 Author Report Posted October 11, 2009 nope... this customer is just an aquintence to a friend of mine. He doesn't even know them I think this is why I deal with- Dealers over direct customers anyways. I have my main 10 customers who buy from me so they can resell, and none of them ever fucked me over I think thats the way I will keep it for now on I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
just_dave Posted October 11, 2009 Report Posted October 11, 2009 Any of your friends pic up a nasty drug habbit lately? I know a couple trustworthy (at one time) friends that turned into thieves just so they could feed their addiction. If not, probably just a couple douche bags. Watch craigslist for a while. 2005 Ford Explorer Pioneer Premier DEH-P800PRS Alpine MRP-F550 Kicker KX600.1 Alpine Type-X 6.5's And a Big Thanks to Clay of A Team Audio for the DC Level 3-12" Sub!
skittlesRgood Posted October 11, 2009 Report Posted October 11, 2009 another guess as to the choice of subs taken. those big 18"s are damn heavy. might not have been able to carry one in each hand and make a get away. the 10"s were too small and looked cheaper to him. so he grabed the biggest he could actualy carry. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.