Sonic Electronix

like i said, he dosnt know anything more about audio than how to turn the volume knob up...that second part had me loling though

x2 ha miley cyrus

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

and thats why bestbuy has a nice car audio devision and stores stocked with professionals have to give away product just to make a dollar on installs cuz "best buy has it for less" or "bestbuy offers free install", almost all the people out there dont know any more about car audio than what alpine is, that subwoofers are cool, and that they saw both of these things at the local best buy last time they went there for batteries or a power strip or whatever other random crap they have there.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

but on the flip side, people who go to best buy wouldnt notice that, even after what, 7 years of owning it?

if youre not into it enough to know that a place that sells vacuum cleaners, refrigerators and the newest miley cirus cd ISNT a good place to buy car audio (let alone trust them to install it), you're their ideal customer, along with 99% of the world.

I was an installer at my local blue and yellow retailer for about a year, and every day was fixing shit that people on the floor sold wrong.... or telling customers that they had to pay more because the people on the floor didn't get them everything that they needed.

Sense I have left, I've seen a few of the installs that have come out of my replacements, and the shit just makes me mad. I have to get pics, but a friend of mine had 2 by9s installed in the back of his cargo van, and they just hung to by9 boxes side by side over the door(they are touching, and hanging down 3-4 inches past the door opening) and left the wires hanging from the box over to the side of the van. I started asking him about it, and he said it took them 5 hours to do a shitty job hanging some speakers in the back and 6 1/2's in the front doors. IN A GMC van! WTF, those doors come off in less then a minute.

/rant

rockfordfosgate4.jpgmecp.jpg

CAUTION!

POOR INSTALLATION MAY SHORT BOTH YOUR SYSTEM AND WALLET

thats what comes out of bestbuy though

its too big for its own good, and not regulated enough. not saying that they all suck, or that all local shops are good (because some of them are downright horrible) but more often than not a dedicated stereo shop will know more about stereos than a cd/game/dvd/vaccum cleaner/computer retail and repair/candy/ipod/boombox/cellphone/laptop/camcorder super mega multi store would. that "jack of all trades, master of none" thing applies

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Gave me a nice lol for sure.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

There was actually an installer who worked at Best Buy and he is/was on the Top 100 Installers in the U.S. list...his name is Murph...he has since left BB though

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

ill be honest i bought by first sub from best buy, but i didnt go for installation, however after the 2nd sub blew out i spent the extra cash and bought a type r from them (i know they are outrageously overpriced there, but it was part of my warranty) and since im at college i didnt have a power screw driver so i asked them to put it in, and the girl putting it in assured me that the type r could only be wired to 4 ohms. i said thats not possible its a 4 ohm dvc sub, she goes no im positive. i said youre the professional and she did it her way and it sounded like ass. so i had to unscrew the whole sub by hand with a tiny ass screwdriver and rewire it. safe to say im not going back to best buy for any help with my car audio.

2000 Nissan Xterra

-Infinity 6020cs components

-Infinity 692.7 6x9s

-DC LVL 4 12

-AQ1200

-Pioneer DEHP860MP H/U

-4 channel amp for mids and highs??? I need some suggestions

i can say some best buy workers do good stuff, not bashing on all of them...but before i got really into car audio, i had them install a deck and from there out had tons of issues until i took it out and figured out what was wrong with it myself, but like a poster above said, there great..my mom bought her vaccum from there and our tv :lol:

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

i lost all respect for best buy after an incident with a friend of mine. I gave my homeboy a sub a while back and he came back saying he went to best buy to get an amp and have them hook it up.

When i popped his trunk I looked at the work they did. They had his gain and his bass boost CRANKED :( When i looked at the sub i asked why he had tape on it. He said he didn't put it there. Well when i had peeled the tape back There was a hole smack dab in the middle of the fucking thing. We came to the conclusion That somehow they damaged the sub and hoped he wouldn't notice by putting several layers of scotch tape over it, LMFAO

just remember, there are no smart people in the world, only some less retarded than others

wow shes hot too who is she? kim petras? wheres that from...i'd buss that open

Bone stock 2015 Genesis Sedan

RIP Civic :(

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

I went into best buy several months ago looking for some subs for a friend of mine and I should have taken some pictures, he didnt want to wait for the good stuff. Several of the subs that they were selling were display models only and they wanted 75 to 80% of the original price and they were busted. Some wouldn't even move in, and some had cracks (kenwood) in them.

I now go to BB to cool off and get a good laugh. The one right by my house told me to go to the Stereo Shop (car toys) they have a better selection...

The one mentioned in the first part is in the ghetto....

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

Archived