ALWAYS WEAR HEARING PROTECTION - Woofers NO match for a Router

Please be careful guys. Once your ears ring, the damage is already done.

I'll repeat that. Once the ringing starts, the damage is already done. Ringing in your ears is caused by the small cilia (the sensory 'hairs' inside your cochlea) becoming flattened and creating a biological 'short'. Once they flatten out, they no longer detect changes in air pressure. You lose your hearing.

If you would like to know what it is like, grab a graphic EQ and play your favourite song, the song that you know you couldn't live without. Then slide 12K down -3dB, and make a smooth ramp off to 20K with 20K finishing at -12dB. Then drop 1, 4 and 8K by -2dB, and enjoy your song. That's how it will start, and then it will get worse.

Please, look after your ears. You only have one pair.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

i wear buds at work. one day i had my ipod up hella loud, shit was ringin for like 3-4 days. x2 on the high pitch noises fuckin yoru hearing up more than bass. hearing protection ftw!

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

huh? :lol:

seriously tho, when i was 17-18 i had a big(at the time) stereo in my car and i hav a little hearing loss now(14-15 years later)...

Edited by pmpnu2

2001 chevy blazer xtreme

my blazer xtreme build

On top of all that, my little sister is marrying a real fuckin winner tomorrow

I've gotten that much wood just viewing this thread. :blush:

Amen on the dust mask Bill.

Same goes if you are sanding or cutting fiberglass. Fiberglass dust can fuck your lungs up permantly..

i work at a law firm that specializes in lung cancer and Mesothelioma.

Alot of the companies that we have lawsuits with are fiberglass companies.

Heed my warning... THIS STUFF IS NO JOKE!

definitely true..it would hurt to breathe after a good day in the garage with glass...MDF too...I gotta start wearin the NIOSH again...

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

bitchmade...

haha j/p

some sharp highs will def take me down quicker than some lows.

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

hmm, regular wood dont bother me but fuck some mdf, ied rather pay more to not smell it, i useto work at a furniture factory (got layed off) and my first job was runnin a pannel flow, u stick particle board in and then someone sticks pine sticks on each side and it goes threw a heat press n then it comes out n goes threw a saw @ like 200degree's or somethin like that, and we ran mdf one time n that was the last time too, when mdf gets hot it emits a chemical called formaldehyde n that shit made my eyes burn and made me cough like hell for a good long time

thats why i never work with mdf at all, if i can find birch plywood thats all i use, nothin else

but ya, ive been playin around with tools sence i was 10yrs old wit my gpa n dad n the noise really doesnt bother me but ima start usein hearing protection n safty glasses

haha everytime i ware safty glasses i get hurt but when i dont nothin bad happins

anyways, u only get one set of lungs, eyes, n ears, why pay $20,000 for a stereo n u try to hear it threw a set of belltones

anyways high freqs hurt like a somebitch but mids n lows mellow real nice

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Its true, when I was younger, I would listen to bass with no ringing afterwards. If I jammed some rock or metal, ears would ring afterwards, just like after a rock concert. And Mick is right, shit is permenant. My ears ring constantly, sometimes worse than others, but if the room is real quiet, I can hear the ringing.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

i was actually just cutting some speaker rings with a router .... in a small ass 1 car garage ... with the car in there lmao. omfg. i cut one ring and i was like fuck this. went to HD and bought some ear plugs. That shit is sooooooo high pitched ... especially if you run it fast. And yea ... i already have a dust mask

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

Please be careful guys. Once your ears ring, the damage is already done.

I'll repeat that. Once the ringing starts, the damage is already done. Ringing in your ears is caused by the small cilia (the sensory 'hairs' inside your cochlea) becoming flattened and creating a biological 'short'. Once they flatten out, they no longer detect changes in air pressure. You lose your hearing.

If you would like to know what it is like, grab a graphic EQ and play your favourite song, the song that you know you couldn't live without. Then slide 12K down -3dB, and make a smooth ramp off to 20K with 20K finishing at -12dB. Then drop 1, 4 and 8K by -2dB, and enjoy your song. That's how it will start, and then it will get worse.

Please, look after your ears. You only have one pair.

Cheers,

Mick

Damn, I put a new box in today & it was a bit louder than the last one (a lot louder actually) & I went to meet my mom & a family friend for dinner & when I got there my mom said she could hear me before she ever saw me & that everyone in the restaraunt was looking outside & when I passed by she heard "damn, thats loud" & so we were talking to the hot waitress we had & she said the exact same thing about the cilia bc she said they could hear me back in the kitchen or whatever. I didnt know any onf that stuff ^^^^^

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang