Confusion Help!

hi , i'm new to this site and i run my suburban yesterday for the first time at a comp and i'm confused. my box is built and tuned at 45hz but when i ran through my peak was 35hz. do ineed another box tuned to 35hz? also i'm running 4 rfp312's off a t20001bd at 2ohms, is a 142.6db's a good score in a 1983 suburban, with full interior, no dynamat, no nothing. my next question is would the re sx subs be better then the p3's i have now? my scores for yesterday were sb3 140.9, stock 601-1800 142.6, and superportwars using only 2 subs and 1 port, my box is chambered down the middle with 2 subs per side, i hit 159.1. are these decent scores? sorry for the long first post, i just had a lot of questions.

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png

Your answer to all your questions is YES. If your box is tuned to 45hz for music, I would get another tuned to 35. Given the x-max on the P3's, yes 142.6 is decent for having no sound dampening & such. Yes the SX's would be better. If you sound deadened the truck & did some more work in other areas, I see your overall score going up by at least 3db which = twice as loud.

Welcome to SMD! B)

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

I forgot to ask, what kind of electrical setup to you have for that T2000.1BD?

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

It sounds like even though your box is tuned to 45hz it has a bigger curve to it then just a peak at one note. It's not a bad thing, just better for music then a burp.

If you peaked around 35hz, that might be your ideal tuning for the truck, My excursion peaks at 31hz.

If your into the burping and still want to do Streetbeat, you will need to find a common ground between the burp # and how you would tune the box for music.

Or a one note box even one tuned at 35hz will have a hard time playing well for streetbeat even if you find a 35hz song.

For it being your first show, I think those are damn good scores.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

well this is my everyday driver so i want it to sound good on music, so i guess i'm doing good. as for my electrical i have a 250hi output alt, a 40fared cap, orbital bat, and big 3. all 0awg wiring throughout my truck, even from the alt to the batt. grounds included. also my wife was competing in the show in a 99 explorer, sub wise she's running a single t110 of off a punch 600.1bd, she hit 139.4 in stock 0-600 class, she hit 151.2 in super port wars, which i dont think is too bad for one sub in a daily driver. as for her electrical she has a stock alt and stock batt, but she has a 1.2 fared cap.

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png

IMO 45hz is way too high for a daily box. It should be tuned in the low 30s for music. I highly recommend retuning that box to somewhere between 32-35hz. For some P3s thats a good score. I'm a huge RF fan but I don't like any of the new Punch stuff. I would change subs to at least a set of RF Power T1s and make sure to get the dual 2ohm so that you can wire all four subs into a 1ohm load and get full power out of that T20001bd.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

IMO 45hz is way too high for a daily box. It should be tuned in the low 30s for music. I highly recommend retuning that box to somewhere between 32-35hz. For some P3s thats a good score. I'm a huge RF fan but I don't like any of the new Punch stuff. I would change subs to at least a set of RF Power T1s and make sure to get the dual 2ohm so that you can wire all four subs into a 1ohm load and get full power out of that T20001bd.

the new P3's dont sound that bad

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

The new p3's look awesome and dont sound too bad either.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/