Hibernate vs. Shutdown ???

Okay, so I finally got my PC to wake up from "Hibernate" do it's maintenance, then go back into "Hibernate" {it would not do all of this from the "sleep" state}

But honestly, it takes longer to fire up, and be ready to use, coming from "Hibernate" than it does coming from "Shutdown" ! And the point is, I'm not sure, but I believe my PC will wake up from shut down, do all of it's maintenance stuff, then go back to shut down, just the same as it will from "Hibernate" ?

So what's are the plusses, and minuses, of "Hibernate" vs "Shutdown" ?

Peace,

Fish

Okay, so I finally got my PC to wake up from "Hibernate" do it's maintenance, then go back into "Hibernate" {it would not do all of this from the "sleep" state}

But honestly, it takes longer to fire up, and be ready to use, coming from "Hibernate" than it does coming from "Shutdown" ! And the point is, I'm not sure, but I believe my PC will wake up from shut down, do all of it's maintenance stuff, then go back to shut down, just the same as it will from "Hibernate" ?

So what's are the plusses, and minuses, of "Hibernate" vs "Shutdown" ?

Peace,

Fish

I just leave my computer on 24/7 :D

The REAL YouTube Page

●▬▬▬▬★▬▬^๑۩۩๑^▬▬★▬▬▬▬●

Head Unit - Pioneer DEH-p6000ub

Equalizer - Soon To Come

Amplifiers - (4) Soundstream TX1.2600d's

Subwoofers - (2) Soundstream XXX 18's

Enclosure - 16 Cubic Foot Wall Tuned to 38hz

Power Wire - (200ft) Tsunami 0 Gauge PRO

BIG 3 w/ 8 C&D Batteries

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

on my laptop shutdown requires the whole startup process to happen, hibernate and sleep are the same thing...it is technically on, but isnt active until you move the mouse or press a key then it comes to life again

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

hibernate just saves where you were when you told the computer to shutdown.

it is supposed to be faster than shutdown startup but if it isnt for you then id just shut it down

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

on my laptop shutdown requires the whole startup process to happen, hibernate and sleep are the same thing...it is technically on, but isnt active until you move the mouse or press a key then it comes to life again

i think thats wrong.

hibernate shuts down all power using devices whereas sleep does not.

hibernate makes a save point to boot the computer at

Edited by IH8PunkRok

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

hibernate dosnt shut my computer down....on my computer is says hibernate/sleep

when i click that, everything shuts down, but all the led's on the computer are still on, screen is off and so are the fans, all i have to do is move the mouse or hit a key and it fires up again...i did say "on my laptop"

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

when i click that, everything shuts down, but all the led's on the computer are still on, screen is off and so are the fans, all i have to do is move the mouse or hit a key and it fires up again...i did say "on my laptop"

it may be like that on some laptops im not sure. i believe on xp you have to hold shift to make hibernate even appear in the shutdown box. (it replaces sleep when shift is held)

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

You might have to enable hibernate. Go to start/control panel/power options then click on the hibernate tab and make sure it's enabled.

HU: Pioneer

Highs: 2X 4X6"s, 2X 3.5"s, 4X 5.25" comps, Q-Logic kicks, and a Sundown SAX-125.2

Subs: 4 Nightshade 15s and Strapped SAZ-3500Ds <---Sundown FTW good.gif

Electrical: dual DC Power 320s (ordered) and 2 D3400s up frt and 4 D2700s in the back

.ʇı ɥʇıʍ ʞɔnɟ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ 'ʞɔıp ǝɹos ɐ ǝʞı1 sı uʍopunS

26d2fe1a.jpg0969b13f.jpg343030b8.jpg

hibernation starts up and shuts down faster for me. It saves everything that is open or running. Sleep mode just puts the computer to sleep but still uses power. Battery can be drained in sleep mode whereas in hibernation does not drain the battery. Also, Hibernation takes up about 1-2 gigs of space to save the state of processes you had open before going into hibernation.

Edited by slim2fattycake

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

Hibernate saves the info on your ram and shutdown doesnt, thats the main difference. They're in the process of making ram that stores your info for a quicker startup of your computer.

Boot time is also related to the amount of ram you have, so say you have 1gig you'll load quicker than you would if you had 2 gigs or more.

Edited by Skullz

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2