Sundown Audio

Searched With No Results. What The F$$k Is This?!

LoudBlazer

That amp is a POS

Its 8000 watts is "over rated" PEAK power...

4 gauge power and ground inputs... I dont even see decent quality 1000wrms amps using 4gauge wire, they all use 0gauge power connections (theres a reason for that)!

fuse: 180 x 2 =360amps x14.4volts =5184peak watts ruffly

now subtract ruffly the 70% or lower efficiency rating and you got a 3600wrms amp

And I dont even think it will do 3600wrms simply because it has 4 gauge power and ground with a extremely high fuse rating. But now that I think of it, if it indeed is a class a/b (even tho the site says both) it is a very non efficient amp, so it probably takes a lot more current to make its wattage vs a class d monoblock

A Audioque 3500D would walk all over this thing imo not to mention your getting a amp from a trusted company that will do its rated power instead of dropping a $500 on a unknown..

Edited by Bangin Caddy

looks like some cheap ass plastic wal-mart amp. i'd save my money and buy a tried and true amp.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

That amp is a POS

Its 8000 watts is "over rated" PEAK power...

4 gauge power and ground inputs... I dont even see decent quality 1000wrms amps using 4gauge wire, they all use 0gauge power connections (theres a reason for that)!

fuse: 180 x 2 =360amps x14.4volts =5184peak watts ruffly

now subtract ruffly the 70% or lower efficiency rating and you got a 3600wrms amp

And I dont even think it will do 3600wrms simply because it has 4 gauge power and ground with a extremely high fuse rating. But now that I think of it, if it indeed is a class a/b (even tho the site says both) it is a very non efficient amp, so it probably takes a lot more current to make its wattage vs a class d monoblock

A Audioque 3500D would walk all over this thing imo not to mention your getting a amp from a trusted company that will do its rated power instead of dropping a $500 on a unknown..

alpine pdx

arc audio ks1000

hertz ep1

audison 1.1k

lol i know what your saying and agree, just naming some decent 1k amps that use 4guage

alpine pdx

arc audio ks1000

hertz ep1

audison 1.1k

lol i know what your saying and agree, just naming some decent 1k amps that use 4guage

To add RF, 2000-2003 BD1000s and BD1500s and 2008-2009 T1000-1BDs and T1500-1BDs.

2003 and earlier Class A/B 1000 watt amps from RF, Kicker ZR1000 (now that amp needed 1/0 inputs) all theese run 4 gauge inputs.

Forgot my Sundown SAZ-1000D I've got sitting here.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png