Second Skin Audio

my master piece is complete!!

ok so i should be alright

do u guys think i should put some bracing(dowels) in my box and if so where should i place them and i plan on putting 45's in every corner and fiber glassing the inside with some woven roving cloth( i kno overkill)

No such thing as overkill when you are making a box stronger.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by lolitskasey

put some dowels going vertically and horizontally down the depth of the box. from the port wall to the box wall, and the top to bottom.

also, make sure to round over all the edges in the port, if you havent thought about it already. that'll help reduce port noise.

put some dowels going vertically and horizontally down the depth of the box. from the port wall to the box wall, and the top to bottom.

also, make sure to round over all the edges in the port, if you havent thought about it already. that'll help reduce port noise.

almost forgot about rounding the edges

CB7 wit bang

it says 2" from the corner of the "L" on in the port to the point of the 45*. that means that itll be closer than 2" at the middle of that 45*. that's where your going to get port noise from. make that corner into a 45 so itll be the same distance from that middle 45. you know what i mean?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

it says 2" from the corner of the "L" on in the port to the point of the 45*. that means that itll be closer than 2" at the middle of that 45*. that's where your going to get port noise from. make that corner into a 45 so itll be the same distance from that middle 45. you know what i mean?

got ya from the middle of the 45 to the corner is 1 7/16" so when i round that corner round down 9/16th of it right to make it an even 2"

Edited by skinneyfinney17

CB7 wit bang

I agree, you need to shorten your depth on the port a good inch or so, then add it to the bend that is currently 5 inches long.

Id also add 45s in the rear back corners like the triangle divider you got by your port.

Then Id also brace the center of the port (where it says 4 inches wide) id run a piece of mdf thru it.

subbox1.jpg

With a center port like that, it really adds alot of bracing most people dont see. There is really no need to brace the rest of the box because it will do fine. I have a much bigger version of your box (17 cubed @ 29hz for 2 18s and 6000wrm) and theres no internal bracing and also no flex.

I agree, you need to shorten your depth on the port a good inch or so, then add it to the bend that is currently 5 inches long.

Id also add 45s in the rear back corners like the triangle divider you got by your port.

Then Id also brace the center of the port (where it says 4 inches wide) id run a piece of mdf thru it.

subbox1.jpg

With a center port like that, it really adds alot of bracing most people dont see. There is really no need to brace the rest of the box because it will do fine. I have a much bigger version of your box (17 cubed @ 29hz for 2 18s and 6000wrm) and theres no internal bracing and also no flex.

would that throw my tunning off?

CB7 wit bang