i just pulled up the carpet, and used a self tapping screw, scraped away the paint and grounded it to the body

I would ground to the frame.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

I would ground to the frame.

ill redo it if i start to have issues, but for now i dont feel like pulling that huge box out and dealing with it lol. slamming on blueberry yum yum at idle i dont drop much below ~13.7, everything seems to be holding up well on the stock alt, might put in my powermaster alt tomorrow.

Team DC Audio : Team Shok : Team NWSPL Co-Founder

Head: Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

Front Stage: Morel Tempo 6.5's/ CDT 6.5's

Subs: (4) 15'' DC XL's, 15 cubes @ 38hz

Sub Amps: (2) Shok 5k's

Speaker Amp: Shok 100.4

Wiring: Shok Industries 1/0

Electrical: White Mechman 270/Adjustable Voltage/3 Shuriken BT120's/3 XS XP3000's

FPiYT.jpg?9395

2 more 15's and you shall surpass your goal :)

that thought crossed my mind, i wanna see what i can do with this, possibly make an adjustable port to insert in for comps, and remove for daily driving. I know 1 more 15 i could break it :)

Electrical: White Mechman 270/Adjustable Voltage/3 Shuriken BT120's/3 XS XP3000's

FPiYT.jpg?9395

damn that looks clean mayne. What kind of stock alt do you have? I hooked up a massive p3000 and my voltage dropped hardd, lol.

Also, what kinda output is your mechman going to put out. shoppin around for alts right now. let me know, thanks.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

damn that looks clean mayne. What kind of stock alt do you have? I hooked up a massive p3000 and my voltage dropped hardd, lol.

Also, what kinda output is your mechman going to put out. shoppin around for alts right now. let me know, thanks.

stock alt is a 130 amp which isnt bad at all, i had 105 amp in my blazer and that supported 2k rms with 1 kinetik and a redtop up front. my new powermaster i got from mechman he beefed it up a little bit, it does 240 amps max and 138 at idle

Are you scores in your sig up to date with the new hoe? If you want louder i would design the enclosure to a more spl friendly style port.

but ya my Haxor i have been working on selling for a while now but out here i guess no one wants these things......

the scores in the sig were off the bat after install, me and ridnclean were going to do some tuning and get some more scores but security kicked us out of the local audio shops parking lot. i like the tuning i have now, i want to keep the low end, thats why im thinking of the possibility of an adjustable port

FPiYT.jpg?9395

Im not talking about changing the tuning but the port design. I would have it vertical on the passenger side, even keeping the same port area and legnth you should see a good gain. SPL friendly doesnt always mean higher tune, but more efficent. Also the positioning of the subs on the baffle make a huge differance.

just a little update, a buddy and I got to installing the polished powermaster alt today. only took about 30 mins, already had the big 3 done so everything went smooth, auto tensioners ftw

DSCN2298.jpg

DSCN2299.jpg

FPiYT.jpg?9395

Archived