Sundown Audio

Think this will work?

Adamtheazn

Why would the gains be cranked? Do you even know the input voltage he will be feeding it? If the gain is set correctly , there is no problem, no clipping. Read the sticky on gains, then read it again...Both of you .

"that amp at 1 ohm is rated to put out 1500rms so the gain would be set relatively high" - This statement shows me how little you know... please pick up a book and learn.

im assuming this would be on stock electrical so around 14.4 volts which is what they bench test the ap15001d right if i remember correctly so yeah the gain would be set relatively high which would more than likely be stressing the amp, wiring it down to the minimum ohm load and having the gains set high would definately not be the best thing to do but it is doable

badassshit.jpg

GP.jpg

im assuming this would be on stock electrical so around 14.4 volts which is what they bench test the ap15001d right if i remember correctly so yeah the gain would be set relatively high which would more than likely be stressing the amp, wiring it down to the minimum ohm load and having the gains set high would definately not be the best thing to do but it is doable

well that was the mans question will it work, and the answer is "yes" it will work. end.

Gains don't need to be set high to get rated power, I have no idea where you're getting that info from but it's incorrect.

To the OP - It's a great dollar vs output amp and will do rated power @ 1ohm. So just get D4s and wire down to 1ohm daily and it will be perfect for those subs. For like $150+ shipping there isn't a better amp out there that's brand new.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

My god... do you have any idea how an amp works? This is misinformation, stop posting it.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

CRANKED GAINS, exactly, the subs are rated at 750 rms a piece which would technically want to see 1500rms total but this alld epends on the box and such, and that amp at 1 ohm is rated to put out 1500rms so the gain would be set relatively high

What the FUCK are you going about moron?

The amp does 1200-1300w @ 1ohm... Gains set correctly and those L7 12"s would still get pretty loud... My AP-15001D pushes my Fi Q 12" just fine at 1ohm :fyi:

Please elaborate as to WHY the gain would need to be set high? It matches the input signal on the amplifier with that coming from the head-unit.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

CRANKED GAINS, exactly, the subs are rated at 750 rms a piece which would technically want to see 1500rms total but this alld epends on the box and such, and that amp at 1 ohm is rated to put out 1500rms so the gain would be set relatively high

Please don't post information this incorrect just to try and make yourself look intelligent. Pretty much everything that you've said is incorrect and will only make things more complicated for the OP. If you don't know the correct information, then don't post something like this. If u need sum help man to learn things like this, ask around before you throw out ludicrous and very incorrect information. You can PM me or I'm sure many others on here would be more than happy to help u out.

What you're trying to say is that because it's rated for 1500w @ 1ohm, then wiring at that ohm load will put much stress on the amp and getting the 1500w you'll need to crank the gains. If this was the case then every amp would be "stressed" when wiring it to the lowest manufacturer rated ohm load, which obviously is not the case what so ever. Seems as though you've never correctly set gains before or even have a real idea how to do so.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Wow! You are incredibly misinformed. There is nothing wrong with saying IDK and learning from someone who does. To the op this amp will work perfectly fine for what you are trying to achieve.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

Wow! You are incredibly misinformed. There is nothing wrong with saying IDK and learning from someone who does. To the op this amp will work perfectly fine for what you are trying to achieve.

there IDK didnt mean to start a big ass arguement god damn, i didnt really take into consideration the voltage on the HU and all that, my bad

badassshit.jpg

GP.jpg

these cats are crazy lol

i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .

jeez boyz settle

look at it this way

buy an amp that does 2000w and set gains for 1500 and it would be less "stressed" than a 1500 amp set for 1500

which struggles more...? a geo metro going 100 or a gini diablo going 100... the geo will be more "stressed"

granted aber didnt word it right, hes got the right idea

back to the op, that amp should be ok... but underpowerin them a little

TeamSundown-sig.jpg