Sundown Audio

i just did an imp plot with my tester and here is the results

the box has 4 sundown E8's wired to 4 ohms. it has a passive radiator tuning to 30 hz.

it has a peak after 30 hz and around 50 too. not sure why there is one at fifty.

imprise.jpg

ill see about testing the wires.

what would i see by inverting the subs? just a little change or a big one?

im not using bolts. the wires come straight out of the box and into the amps. i did notice 2 pieces of 8awg were turning green at the amp. fuck stinger...

Not really stingers fault that will happen to any brand wire unfortunately :(

oxidizing sucks, have you been peeing on your wire by any chance? I hear that makes copper turn green faster lol

thus is referring to a strict spl vehicle, not a daily driver which skittles has I believe.

Not really stingers fault that will happen to any brand wire unfortunately :(

oxidizing sucks, have you been peeing on your wire by any chance? I hear that makes copper turn green faster lol

thus is referring to a strict spl vehicle, not a daily driver which skittles has I believe.

well... ya... arnt you suposed to pee on it when it starts clipping?

lol the reason i point out stinger is because the pieces of rockford have not turned green. just the stinger.

hmm. but maybe some of those notes will help? i didnt get to read it yet but im about to. yes its a daily driver.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I vote a really nice person should send this guy some 8 gauge for his subs ( I wish I could but I have none) and in return he writes xxx (Name of person who gives wire) is the shit. On the inside of the box.......................................Seems fair to me, you know just so he can test to see if the wire/solder is truley the problem.

Arent you friends with Noobtastic doesnt he always have some type of wire around his garage (from what I've read, and not been in his garage or watching while he sleeps :ph34r: :ph34r: )

jk thats immature. :D

Edited by Crump

eh, wasnt much info. just said that you need to test and make a small box.

but the last post on page 1 is helpful.

I vote a really nice person should send this guy some 8 gauge for his subs ( I wish I could but I have none) and in return he writes xxx (Name of person who gives wire) is the shit. On the inside of the box.......................................Seems fair to me, you know just so he can test to see if the wire/solder is truley the problem.

Arent you friends with Noobtastic doesnt he always have some type of wire around his garage (from what I've read, and not been in his garage or watching while he sleeps :ph34r: :ph34r: )

jk thats immature. :D

lol well that would be cool and i would write it inside my box, but i couldnt ask anyone to do that.

not sure if drew has extra 8awg. if he does, its all prestons lol. but he is an hour away, might as well buy the wire with the money i'd spend on gas lol.

by the way... im scared for drew now. i always told him i felt like i was being watched when i was at his house...

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

i just did an imp plot with my tester and here is the results

the box has 4 sundown E8's wired to 4 ohms. it has a passive radiator tuning to 30 hz.

it has a peak after 30 hz and around 50 too. not sure why there is one at fifty.

imprise.jpg

ok, so based on this graph and the info in that link i just read, i should be reading that peak in your graph. so if i were to look at 40hz i should be between those 2 peaks and see a low ohm rating. it also tells me if i were to tune lower i could get my 45hz peak after the spikes... but it wont be as efficient at 45hz? so it might be the same thing, more power but less efficient. or tune higher and get the best of both worlds but that wont be very good for music... did i just learn something new or am i off?

ok, so based on this graph and the info in that link i just read, i should be reading that peak in your graph. so if i were to look at 40hz i should be between those 2 peaks and see a low ohm rating. it also tells me if i were to tune lower i could get my 45hz peak after the spikes... but it wont be as efficient at 45hz? so it might be the same thing, more power but less efficient. or tune higher and get the best of both worlds but that wont be very good for music... did i just learn something new or am i off?

i think that box tuning might be off.(first time with a passive radiator). I did another box this morning and its tuned to 35hz. i had a peak after 20 and around 45~50 i think. If it were me i would leave to tuning where i wanted it and just adjust port area and box size, If this is going to be a daily box. However if you were to make a box for spl you would need to aim for between those two peaks

Don't use stailess steel Bolts, that is a horrible, horrible conductor....

Guys I live a a place where it rains 8 months out of the year,,, so water and corrosion is a problem. I like to use a product called "NO LOX",,, it is made by IDEAL, it helps prevent water and oxygen from getting into your connections and into the protective jacket.

Also going back to that solder discussion, it will be interesting if your imp, would drop with ont direct run..

more port area....

sorry about the .25ohm thing I thought you were burping...

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's

Zach pretty much hit it... my box tuning, size, and port size make my rise so low.

With your low tuning and "low" port area (compared to mine anyway) your rise will simply be higher.

but you have 3 6" ports for 4 12"s. i have 2 6" ports for 2 12"s. i dont know how big your box is but it looks like i have more port area per cube than you do.

it just sounds like im in that peak. i think next time ill tune lower so i can get to 45hz after that peak and still have good range for music.