Second Skin Audio

Explain a Bandpass

audiogod9000

Hey yall , i waz just wondering if yall could Explain Bandpass to me? i heard that they are some of the Best boxes IF done Perfect.

Well anyway all i really want to know is , How do i Calculate it and all that stuff.

btw NO im not a Full noob about audio , im just like most of yall , I know a lot but want to learn more :D.

Well Heading to work talk to yall when i get back.

-Thankz-

EAST TEXAS BASS HEAD 4 LIFE

Jeep electronics = Stock (for now)

Headunit = VR3 cheapo

Speakers = Pioneer and Quantum Audio

Sub Amp = Sundown SAE-1200d

Sub = Fi SSD 15''

Mid/High amp = Sold my 4ch, Lookin for a new one now....

REFS: Bought From-Twistedchild420 ,J_black10,SojiaRaggs9000,hotshot27,

REFS: Sold To- James , sanitarium , qu1cks1lver56, skittlesRgood

Offical Audiogod9000 Feedback

Audiogod9000's 1997 Jeep Cherokee Country Build

This is gonna get interesting.... There are many different types of bandpass enclosures, the basic 3 being 4th, 6th, and 8th order. Each one has its advantages and dissavantages. It's much more complicated than you think audiogod and even basic explanations of each can/will be confusing for a new comer. If 80inches could chime in on this one he'd be like giving a lesson, he's quite the bandpass guru.

I'm not in the correct mind frame to actually begin to explain so I'll at least help u out with sum basic reading material for now

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxes4.asp

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxes6.asp

I'd love to see you post this very same question on Termpro and see what they would have to say also.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

i just gotta know.. how the hell do you tune an Isobaric Quasi Eight Order Series Tuned Dual Reflex Bandpass Enclosure ... (try saying that 5 times fast!)

I'd explain it to you but then I'd have to kill you :ph34r:

But really if u guys wanna at least get the beginner steps of learning how bandpass boxes work, there is plenty of information on the internet about them. All you gotta do is a lil search on this website called google and just read. Then just check out the forums(there are other ones besides this one, that also have sum good info on them) and once again just search and read.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

google has all the answers if you're looking for a tuning calculator or something

the basics of a 4th order is that the sub is in a box, separated into 2 chambers, call it a front and a rear chamber. the rear chamber is sealed, and the front is ported.

the upside is you can get a very large peak at or around the tuning freq, and can put it anywhere you want(i've seen some people make it peak in the 20's just for shits and giggles, or in the 50's to put up numbers)

downside is that its peaky, and the bigger you make the spike, the harder it falls off on freqs above and below it (aka the more it sounds like poop on real music)

imo, for daily, i hate the sound of a 4th order. i've heard all sorts of them, from prefabs to crazy 8-15's in a suburban setups, but i prefer a nice ported box any day.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

i wanna kno how the fuk this works

8tripbp.gif it looks like the waves from each port would cancel eachother out n it not be that efficent

n if ur just doin a normal single reflex bandpass does it matter if the front of the woofer is in the sealed partition or the motor section in the sealed partition?

i wanna make a bandpass for an old 5&1/4'' woofer i got layin around to play wit n see how it turns out n then make one for an old sony 8'' home sub

i kno bandpass's are really efficent n sound good but the way they work is beyond me

but i wanna kno why the hell someoen would run isobaric instead of a passave radiator type setup

n is it normal for tube vents in a bandpass or slot port work better?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

This is gonna get interesting.... There are many different types of bandpass enclosures, the basic 3 being 4th, 6th, and 8th order. Each one has its advantages and dissavantages. It's much more complicated than you think audiogod and even basic explanations of each can/will be confusing for a new comer. If 80inches could chime in on this one he'd be like giving a lesson, he's quite the bandpass guru.

I'm not in the correct mind frame to actually begin to explain so I'll at least help u out with sum basic reading material for now

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxes4.asp

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxes6.asp

I'd love to see you post this very same question on Termpro and see what they would have to say also.

LOL, I havent seen him since he posted about his Divorce Court deal on TV, I guess the wifey has him on lock down LAWLZ.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

imo, for daily, i hate the sound of a 4th order. i've heard all sorts of them, from prefabs to crazy 8-15's in a suburban setups, but i prefer a nice ported box any day.

DD was playing with a PWK 4th order for the new 2512 and they reckon it's about the best sounding box they've ever had for it. Not quite as loud as ported but in terms of flat response and extension it's supposed to be pretty badass. I wonder if they'll give out the design....

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived