Alright well I bought 5 cans of Great Stuff Expanding Foam for my headliner

there is the roof of my car then there is a rigid frame around the inside perimeter of the roof that has a bunch of holes that I want filled to make it more rigid

put the duct tape over shake up the can for 30 seconds and go to work I see it start to come to the hole where I'm shooting it in so I tape that up and move one hole back and shoot some more.

its all going good getting all the holes filled and I can see it expand and watch the duct tape bulge

next morning pull it back looks like there is nothing in there and it is still wet as could be and almost dripping off the duct tape looks like glue

it really can't be this hard... am I doing something wrong? does it need to be warmer out to do it?

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Any kind of expiration date on those cans? That stuff should have dried in an few hours. What is the temp. outside?

And are you using the regular red can?

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Alright well I bought 5 cans of Great Stuff Expanding Foam for my headliner

there is the roof of my car then there is a rigid frame around the inside perimeter of the roof that has a bunch of holes that I want filled to make it more rigid

put the duct tape over shake up the can for 30 seconds and go to work I see it start to come to the hole where I'm shooting it in so I tape that up and move one hole back and shoot some more.

its all going good getting all the holes filled and I can see it expand and watch the duct tape bulge

next morning pull it back looks like there is nothing in there and it is still wet as could be and almost dripping off the duct tape looks like glue

it really can't be this hard... am I doing something wrong? does it need to be warmer out to do it?

yes need to bee warm i tried to use it it my cuzin car and it took forever to dry next day moved the car in the garage and boom it worked in like 6 hours tho i live in MN so its cold out...also the more you put the longer to dry

bought it on sunday used it on sunday hopefully it isn't expired lol.

and one of them the spout snapped and shot expanding foam on me and my seats :(

I'd say it was between 40-50º outside

some dried and other parts didn't which confuses me even more

and yes regular red can I was going to get the black can just so it would expand more since it is a bigger gap

More than likely too cold. When i use great stuff the outer surface usually hardens up to touch in like an hour. And in a day its hard as a rock all the way through. Of course I live in Tx tho too.

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

expiration date lolololol... that shit's good forever... like said before... probably way too cold.. i filled my entire trunk lid up with it... took 3 cans.. dried in 5 hours but it's 110 degrees over here when i did it

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

all 5 cans were like that? try heating it up with a hair dryer or something like that..good luck getting it off the seats

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

I'll try doing it in the day and its not all 5 since parts dried but others didn't.

working during the night FTL

got it off my carpet and seat quick because it hadn't even tried to dry yet but while I was in school my duct tape broke its seal in one part and leaked right by my headrest and right behind my drivers seat :(

at least its pretty cheap per can :)

expiration date lolololol... that shit's good forever...

That's what people say about silicone too... :dry:

Now that I see what you're saying about your temperature, hell yeah that's cold. Try to heat up a bit.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

the last time i tried that stuff on my car it did the same thing next time just leave the heater on high and it will help the outside layer dry.

well that worked for me best of luck to you on that

new system in the works

(3) DC lvl 4xls 15's (one of three are here)

(2) DD z1 (done)

old kenwood four ch

4 runs of 2/0 (done)

? 200 amp alt may two ??

Archived