mikey634 Posted November 28, 2009 Report Posted November 28, 2009 I'm getting RE XXX 6.5's for around 325$ from AudioSavings and they're badass but I've never heard ID or Rainbow in person.
AI James Posted November 28, 2009 Report Posted November 28, 2009 I'm getting RE XXX 6.5's for around 325$ from AudioSavings and they're badass but I've never heard ID or Rainbow in person. decent midbass on those just crap ass tweets imo
Carlos Tj Posted December 1, 2009 Report Posted December 1, 2009 Rainbow No Doubt! Cant Go Wrong... 2005 Dodge Magnum Kenwood DNX573S Double Din NVX Big 3 Kit NVX 0 Gauge Cable & speaker cable XS Power V3100 Battery Iraggi Alternator 320A 3.5" NVX Speakers 6.5" Incriminator Audio Components (just mids) 6x9" NVX Speaker MVPA4 Amplifier (2) 12" NVX VCW Subwoofers XPLD3K NVX Amplifier YouTube Channel @CarlosTj664
Boon Posted December 1, 2009 Report Posted December 1, 2009 I've heard both and you are asking a tricky, tricky question there. For Midbass I would take the Rainbows, for overall tonal accuracy I would take the IDs. Depends what kind of music you listen to... if you like dance/trance/DnB then it's hard to go past the Rainbows, plus you can generally thrash the shit out of them. The IDs are very picky about installation in my experience. Need solid solid baffles and plenty of breathing space. Don't even think about putting them in a sealed pod or kick panel. 10.x volts fo' life!
Gotloud555 Posted December 12, 2009 Report Posted December 12, 2009 Rainbow No Doubt! Cant Go Wrong... If money isn't an issues then i did go for that, yeah!!
dr hypothesis Posted December 14, 2009 Report Posted December 14, 2009 I've heard both and you are asking a tricky, tricky question there.For Midbass I would take the Rainbows, for overall tonal accuracy I would take the IDs. Depends what kind of music you listen to... if you like dance/trance/DnB then it's hard to go past the Rainbows, plus you can generally thrash the shit out of them. The IDs are very picky about installation in my experience. Need solid solid baffles and plenty of breathing space. Don't even think about putting them in a sealed pod or kick panel. That's interesting. I've been running the ID Chameleons going on 9 years now. Gone through a couple mids in that time, but I'm still using the same tweets. I've had them installed every which way. They sounded amazing when I had them in kick panels. The fact that you can get them in 2 ohm is a plus as well. I run 200 watts a side and they love it. I'm not really sure how many subs and brands of subs I've used over that 9 year period, but ID comps have remained the one constant in my vehicles. 2001 Chevy Impala Eclipse CD7200 mkii Cactus Sounds 5kw Sundown 100.4 (2) Fi BTL 18s (walled) ID 6.5s (2 sets) Iraggi 320 amp Alt XS Power Batts KnuKonceptz Wiring MidwestSPL Scores: 152.0 Advanced 2 136.1 Extreme 3
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.