05 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

:hairtrick: First post on here, thanks to Steve Meade for making this site possible. My question is what amp is best for running down to 1 ohm at under $500? My goal is to go to some local SPL competitions and in general play some very loud, deep bass on music everyday. I havent' had a system in a few years. Last setup I had was 2 12'' xplods sealed in a Trans Am with a 1200 w max xplod amp and I walked away a winner twice from two local competitions believe it or not. Best score was 144 (old mic though). I'm thinking of getting into some better gear for this car now that I've ran some of the lower end gear. I'd like loud sound quality that can hopefully get into the 140's ya know. The loudest set up I've ever actually sat in was 2 15'' MA Audio subs in a ported box with a 4000 watt MA Audio amp in a Blazer, he pulled a 148 on the new TL. I've not too sure what subs I'm going to run yet but I know I want to get into the mid 140's and I know that it's best to start with picking an amp first.

On another note, I'm going to build a ported box for whatever subs I go with, but everything has to stay in the trunk, my back seats do fold down for when I want to get crazy loud. Any ideas for a trunk only sql setup with only 1-2000 watts (budget limited, don't want to upgrade my electrical). Thanks a lot in advance for any input.

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

stock for now but clean

planning a sql build for the trunk.

i can probably get u a fosgate T2000-1bd for a less than than 500 bucks

144 on 2 sony explodes????? lol funny guy

05 Ford F150 Single Cab

Audio:

-Pioneer DEH-3200DVD

-Hertz Hi-energy 5x7 Front

-RE Audio 5x7 Rear

-DD 2512 in Custom 40 Hz Box

-Eclipse EA4100 High/Mid amp

-Eclipes XA1000 Sub amp

-Audison Connnection RCAs

-Random wire:Kicker,RF,Lightning Audio

i can probably get u a fosgate T2000-1bd for a less than than 500 bucks

144 on 2 sony explodes????? lol funny guy

ive seen 147 on 2 xlpod 12s but ported

to the OP theres ALOT of amps in that wattage range that are quality...whats your "budget" that may help a little

i can throw a 1000 dollar 1000rms amp at you but if you dont wanna spend that its a waste of both of our times

ive seen 147 on 2 xlpod 12s but ported

to the OP theres ALOT of amps in that wattage range that are quality...whats your "budget" that may help a little

i can throw a 1000 dollar 1000rms amp at you but if you dont wanna spend that its a waste of both of our times

Budget for amp is only 500, I've been researching the JBL 1200 amp but haven't actually seen one in action.

stock for now but clean

u made 144 on 2 sony subs in a sealed box?.....

144 was on the old mic not the new tl, big difference. But yeah it can be done, especially in a trans am.

stock for now but clean

Once you get your equipment situated I'd love to help ya out. Have alot of time spent in that GP's Trunk :)

This is the motherfucker you want to listen to. Rob more than likely has the loudest trunk GP in the world. Dude is a bit crazy, but when you are trying to break a 155 out of the trunk with a pair of 10's and 15K watts you ain't right in the head :P

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz