Sundown Audio

Bridging 2 T1k's

EricR

ok well i saw this on a diagram some where and was wondering if you can really do it and where do i get the cable to do it with?.....reason im asking is because i got a 15" btl on the way and i already have one T1k well i got the btl with dual 2's so i could run it 1ohm on my one T1k and if i get another one i cant just put one coil on each amp that would only be like 750 each....so is there a way to bridge the 2 amps together and would it be stable at 1 ohm :blink:

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

According to Fosgate you should not go below 2ohms when strapping two of their amps together

manual

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

well that sucks that would only be a total of 1500....might as well sell my T1k and get a T2k

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

do not go below 2. they will blow. id get the t2k

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

When strapping amps, each amp sees twice the load. So if you're strapped at 2 ohms, each amp is seeing 1 ohm, and you get full power...but in this case you can't because you have dual 2 ohms. You could get a pair of Sundown SAZ-1500's, those can be strapped real low. Or just a T2k, i think that might be cheaper.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

you would think being decent amps that they should handle under a one ohm load not strapped. I know I can go under a half ohm on my amp as long as I got the power to keep the amp satisfied, so with that being said I would assume my amps would do fine under a 1 ohm load strapped.

This all being said for burping only, not daily driving as I stated.

yeah, burping and daily are night and day though.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Archived