Second Skin Audio

foam in the box?

i always wondered how it makes the box "feel" larger to the woofer, and this seemed like a good opportunity to ask?

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0

hmmm im not sure but my dumb self put some pillow stuffin in my old enclosure with my 12's it took a lil bit more power and it seemed to make the box hotter inside (i used to stick my hands in front of the ports) i think its does something to the heating.....aaah i dunno im finna go back 2 sleep srry i couldnt be of help im hafl woek. ..zzz

@DJSMARTGUY PRODUCER/ENGINEER of YOUNG PROBLEMZ ...boy i got so many........boy i got so many

-TEAM WOBBLY WOOFERS-

4 18s MAKE YOU SCREAM!

hmmm im not sure but my dumb self put some pillow stuffin in my old enclosure with my 12's it took a lil bit more power and it seemed to make the box hotter inside (i used to stick my hands in front of the ports) i think its does something to the heating.....aaah i dunno im finna go back 2 sleep srry i couldnt be of help im hafl woek. ..zzz

that has somethin to do with it.

the air movement causes the fill to rub together and make heat. i forgot how that makes the box seem bigger though.

the air movement causes the fill to rub together and make heat. i forgot how that makes the box seem bigger though.

heat makes air expand? seems logical

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

I believe, now I may be making up some complete bullshit here, so dont quote me, that the fill slows down the back wave, resists air movement, and therefore makes it seem to the sub like it is in a larger enclosure. Maybe this is right?

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

I believe, now I may be making up some complete bullshit here, so dont quote me, that the fill slows down the back wave, resists air movement, and therefore makes it seem to the sub like it is in a larger enclosure. Maybe this is right?

Now you got it.

Poly Fill simply slows down the wave. Making it travel for a longer period of time, which simulates the effect of traveling a further distance.

So basically, making the box react like a larger box.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Now you got it.

Poly Fill simply slows down the wave. Making it travel for a longer period of time, which simulates the effect of traveling a further distance.

So basically, making the box react like a larger box.

Sweet, I got it right, did i win a free T2000? Lol, jk.

Ed, lmk how that box i posted on here looks for one of those bad boys.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.