DC Sound Lab

yeah they'd look cool and be different but what if that difference is more recones or having the sub fall apart?im just saying but all we can do is just wait till the a team tests its.i mean we cant say really anything until someone tries it out

Exactly!!! We have looked into all the issues people have brought up so far, and even added a few other things extra not mentioned. I will be doing real world tests on this sub aswell testing it once again once the proper parts arrive. So you can all sit tight and speculate to yourselves until you see my tests.

Nowhere did I say that material is the ONLY determining factor in cone strength.

A quote from you...

The material isn't what makes the cone strong, it's the shape

You don't even know what you're posting, do you? And you call us mindless. That's worth a chuckle.

I stated several times that in order for a flat cone to be as strong as a concave paper cone, the flat cone will have to be made of a much stronger (and expensive material). There is no inherent downfall to using a flat cone itself, the problem lies in the CONE TO FORMER JOINT. I'VE SAID THIS MULTIPLE TIMES. Why don't you read this thread more closely.

No, you need go back and read the entire thread. So you can stop contradicting yourself.

The main point I've been stating (for the 100th time), is that there is NO BENEFIT to developing a flat cone. Same effective cone area, with weaker joints that, according to some, have been addressed. That's great. Still doesn't take away from the fact that this cone is more expensive to produce (thus making it more expensive to buy), and offers absolutely zero benefits.

No, your goal was and is to troll this forum.

Don't believe me? Then by all means, prove me wrong. It wouldn't be the first time that I've been proven wrong, and I have no problem with that.

Yeah, you're probably used to being proven wrong.

Don't come in here thinking that I'm hating on DC for no reason, because that's hardly the case. All you are doing is proving my point. I come in here to give some criticism and the DC fanboys all jump on my case.

Oh, so, your point in coming in here and posting in this thread wasn't about the subwoofer cone design, it was about criticising DC "fanboys." Yep, that's what a troll does.

It's one thing for people to appreciate a company. I appreciate lots of companies for the work they do and customer service they have. It's an entirely different thing for people to blindly follow companies without asking questions. I'm sorry that I haven't fallen in line with the rest of the mindless minion nuthuggers.

None of us blindly follow. DC Audio has earned our appreciation. We didn't just blindly give it. You are sadly mistaken.

But I guess I should have known better coming to a site where the owner could fart in a metal garbage can and everyone would say its the best sounding stereo they've ever heard.

You probably should've shared your opinion while being respectful. We're a sensible bunch of people that would gladly receive your opinion and respect it. But when you act like a troll, you get treated like one.

2005 Ford Explorer

Pioneer Premier DEH-P800PRS

Alpine MRP-F550

Kicker KX600.1

Alpine Type-X 6.5's

And a Big Thanks to Clay of A Team Audio for the DC Level 3-12" Sub!

Oh really? Just a hardcore fanboy, are ya?

Are these the legitimate points you mention?

Most would consider that type of dialog to be disturbing. It's nothing to laugh about.

In lieu of a recent post by an admin, I'm not going to argue with you.

Hardcore fanboy? Nope. I used kicker products, sure, but only in cases where they were the best for my needs. Notice that I don't run kicker subs. They never worked well for my install. Plenty of other former team members have kept "team kicker" in their sigs and profiles as well.

My first post in this thread was one of concern. I wanted to get some clarifications on a couple things and was met with hostility by people not even affiliated with DC besides possibly owning one of their subs.

The A team or rusty are the only people that should, IMO, should respond to my questions. Everyone else is doing the same thing I'm doing, speculating. I'm sorry, but I can't sit by while people hype up something that isn't even out of the prototype phase, nor anywhere near completion.

That's the kind of stuff that lands a company in hot water if/when the products don't live up to the hype. Anyone remember Mass Destruction subs?

Edited by tommyk90

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

Back to the sub...

If I had to guess, I'd say the former is adhered to the cone at the top edge and inside/outside surface of the former. It would be kinda neat if it was threaded into a mount on the back of the cone like how metal pipes are threaded, but the former material would have to be a lot thicker for that I think. If DC got fancy, they could have it be a one piece cone/former made fully of CF, but god only knows what that would cost them.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Back to the sub...

If I had to guess, I'd say the former is adhered to the cone at the top edge and inside/outside surface of the former. It would be kinda neat if it was threaded into a mount on the back of the cone like how metal pipes are threaded, but the former material would have to be a lot thicker for that I think. If DC got fancy, they could have it be a one piece cone/former made fully of CF, but god only knows what that would cost them.

The one flaw with flat cones is that you can only bond the former to one side of the cone, this really weakens the joint.

Threaded mount would have to be way too heavy and expensive to be worth it, imo. Cool idea, just hard to implement.

One piece wouldn't work because you have no way to shim the former. They have to be separate pieces unless DC develops a field-replaceable top assembly that doesn't require anyone to glue parts down themselves. Something like kicker's solo-x, TC's threaded baskets, etc.

Edited by tommyk90

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

It's one thing for people to appreciate a company. I appreciate lots of companies for the work they do and customer service they have. It's an entirely different thing for people to blindly follow companies without asking questions. I'm sorry that I haven't fallen in line with the rest of the mindless minion nuthuggers.

I wouldn't say people have blindly followed DC anywhere. More like DC has worked hard to provide a quality product with outstanding customer service.

But I guess I should have known better coming to a site where the owner could fart in a metal garbage can and everyone would say its the best sounding stereo they've ever heard.

Comments like this take all validation out of any questions or comments you may have about a product or idea. You have taken your point (valid or not) and thrown it out the window.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Thank you Tommy for getting my point. just_dave, you obviously did not read a single fucking thing I said 3 posts above your first reply. As far as I am concerned you are now on reading status, and that is me being nice. I should permaban you, as per my directive. I will let you know when you can come back.

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

My Youtube vids...enjoyDC.jpgdcsig-1.jpg2pt8a6w.png

anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]

The one flaw with flat cones is that you can only bond the former to one side of the cone, this really weakens the joint.

Threaded mount would have to be way too heavy and expensive to be worth it, imo. Cool idea, just hard to implement.

One piece wouldn't work because you have no way to shim the former. They have to be separate pieces unless DC develops a field-replaceable top assembly that doesn't require anyone to glue parts down themselves. Something like kicker's solo-x, TC's threaded baskets, etc.

Yeah I can see it being just fine with pushing motions, but pulling? I think it'll be tough to hold up there, but I wanna see how DC did it.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

I wouldn't say people have blindly followed DC anywhere. More like DC has worked hard to provide a quality product with outstanding customer service.

Comments like this take all validation out of any questions or comments you may have about a product or idea. You have taken your point (valid or not) and thrown it out the window.

Excuse my disregard for respect. I just got my buttons pushed by some people and frankly got pretty tired of it.

I said not too long ago that DC has earned respect, even though I don't think this new sub is a good idea. I'm sure you're well aware of how some people are being in the audio business yourself. Lots and lots of people will listen to whatever the company has to say, regardless if what they say is true. Look at all the people that live and die by JL, kicker, etc. Many times you can't talk any sense into them.

Just because I speak my mind about people doesn't mean that my questions or comments are invalid. You just don't see this forum in the same way that I do. I just have the conviction to say things that other people are thinking, like it or not.

Anyways, we are getting off topic again. I would really like rusty to come in here and clarify some things. I, of course, understand if he wants to keep some things under wraps until the sub is actually in production. Though I would like an answer a little more detailed than "we've addressed that issue".

Edited by tommyk90

I used to run DD the question is why did i switch to DC? I have had much better results with DC and so have my customers.

I to am like you i build systems to play music. I would like to think i have done a pretty decent job with my truck it never demos under a 160. If all goes aswell as we hope my truck should see 166 or close to it just in sub improvements.

Congrats and granted I Dont have a massive stereo such as you, but having 8 subs with 2500watts ruffly per sub is easier on the woofers then having only 2 subs with 4300watts on each of them.

I run DD because they usually work great, and I always seem to be the underdog out woofing walled vehicles in my area that have more cone, or more power. But that could be all in their install.

Its hard to say that 1 company is better then another because every manufacture has strong and weak points, but its hard to go and drop $1200 on 2 new woofers from a different company. I have a friend that used lvl 5s and he went thru a couple sets of recones, whats to say I wont have the same issue, and be out even more money.

Maybe someday down the road Ill move on, maybe it will be the start of 2010db drag/bassrace.

You said that the higher center of gravity issue has been addressed?

How so? That is really my only concern im wonder?

Hopefully it wasnt addressed like t3 where you have a gap thats looser then a 200 year old hooker. :o