DC Sound Lab

:good: lookin awesome Ateam lets see some jimbo runs with these :D

-Drew

I need to wait on a few other things before that happens....... more to come on that when the time is right.

Looks good to me. But, you're gonna have to start calling it something other than the cone since that would imply a conical shape. :P

haha Good point. What shall we call it?

I like the part 2.24 when the chicken falls over.

Damn, i didn't imagine their was that much power going to the sub, if the stetsom had a slight clip, it probably was more the 4000W RMS i suppose?

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I like the part 2.24 when the chicken falls over.

Damn, i didn't imagine their was that much power going to the sub, if the stetsom had a slight clip, it probably was more the 4000W RMS i suppose?

Thats no chicken fool, thats the Black Co(k!!! I dont know what kinda power it is because it says 11,200 watts on the package lets say that? But this amp is under ratted so maybe 14,000 watts? haha Seriously ya probably in that area for power i would think.

so its a carbon sandwhich what the meat made of looks like a honeycomb but what of?

You are bang on its a nomex honeycomb core. SPL wont break this cone.

Well there is a vid for you guys. As you can see strength will not be a issue. I think this is going ot work out just fine. :8)

I had no doubts that the cone material isn't strong.

The part that concerns me the most is the cone to former joint.

Free-air is grand and all, but how about a clamp meter and DMM so we can see some real power figures? Not just "oh, probably 4000 watts". I've had a lvl4xl in my possession and it would most definitely not take 4000 watts free-air (and before you ask, yes it had a beefed up suspension). I had it wired to 1 ohm on my zx2500 and I could take it to half of my normal burp volume, so at best I would say 1000 watts.

Put in a box in a real install and burp it with 4kw please. :)

Edited by tommyk90

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

sick so you guys did pay attention in geometry after all.yeah ive played with some carbon before even jsut two layers is pretty unbreakable but it does flex,no flex here as we can see so i guess the only other "problem" to put to rest is the former to carbon pie glue joint.but man i bet these things wont be cheap but hopefully more cost effective than the DD composites. keep testing and rolling tape so we can really see whats up. take one from thor push it till it breaks and make it better then retest then maybe shes customer ready.cuz us americans do put a beating on stuff especially the nuckleheads we all know some of those guys,we would want any i told you so's start to fly around.

call it the carbon pie option.

how did it do in the box that it was in, in the first pic in the thread?

that had to be at least 1500w at the 40hz range and quite possibly a good bit more but at least 1500

Edited by windowtinter