Second Skin Audio

So why Fi over Kicker??

MOUZEBINN

This topic went offline so long ago... so SSD isgood for SQ and SPL? I'm still hearing mixes, like i said I don't give a shit about SQ... I want loud! lol well actually yeah i want SQ but its not my biggest priority... I want the sub that gets louder.

Current Setup (pictures/videos uploaded)

1997 Grand Prix Se 3.8 V6 (220HP stock)

105A Alternator

Big III

5/8 Gauge Wiring

1 x Alpine MRP-450.1 (1x450RMS @ 2OHM)

1 x Alpine MRP-500.2 (2x250RMS @ 4OHM)

2 x 6 1/2 Infinity Reference 3-WAY (250RMS)

2 x 6 by 9 Infinity Reference 3-WAY (300RMS)

1 x Pioneer dEH-11

1 x 3.5cu .75MDF tuned @ 33hz (VENTED)

2 x Kicker COMP 15" S4

Coming Soon! (pictures/videos included)

1997 Grand Prix SE with rear seat removed

225A Iraggi Alternator

Big III

Rear Deep Cycle

0/1 Gauge Wiring

1 x Alpine MRP-500

1 x Alpine MRP-450

1 x Alpine CDA-9885 60x4 RMS

1 x Hifonics Brutus 1605D (1600RMS x 1 @ 1 OHM)

2 x Fi SSD 15" Copper Coil D1

1 x 5.5cu .75MDF tuned @ 33hz (VENTED)

This topic went offline so long ago... so SSD isgood for SQ and SPL? I'm still hearing mixes, like i said I don't give a shit about SQ... I want loud! lol well actually yeah i want SQ but its not my biggest priority... I want the sub that gets louder.

GO with Fi and you wont be disappointed

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

if you want loud then up your price and get something higher up in the food chain

I see people getting 130dB on here with a 12" SSD or claiming they do... how the hell do I need to go further up with a 15" SSD?? you think im rich? theres a reason im getting an SSD and no a SOLO-X im on a budget... I was thinking of going with the 18" or a 15" Q but it's not worth it IMO when I can get a 15" now and another in the future.

Current Setup (pictures/videos uploaded)

1997 Grand Prix Se 3.8 V6 (220HP stock)

105A Alternator

Big III

5/8 Gauge Wiring

1 x Alpine MRP-450.1 (1x450RMS @ 2OHM)

1 x Alpine MRP-500.2 (2x250RMS @ 4OHM)

1 x Pioneer dEH-11

1 x 3.5cu .75MDF tuned @ 33hz (VENTED)

2 x Kicker COMP 15" S4

Coming Soon! (pictures/videos included)

1997 Grand Prix SE with rear seat removed

225A Iraggi Alternator

Big III

Rear Deep Cycle

0/1 Gauge Wiring

1 x Alpine MRP-500

1 x Alpine MRP-450

1 x Alpine CDA-9885 60x4 RMS

1 x Hifonics Brutus 1605D (1600RMS x 1 @ 1 OHM)

2 x Fi SSD 15" Copper Coil D1

1 x 5.5cu .75MDF tuned @ 33hz (VENTED)

we have had kicker l5 10's in alot of the rides at swat that compete. we have a jeep with 4 tens under window line that will do a 53 and change on dash. You guys know me not to lie. The kicker subs are ok imo, you have to know how to work with them. and we put a butt ton of power on them too and they take it. well, butt load for a l5. and the L5's are louder on meter then L7's so ya. putting this out there from a guy who runs dc and has ran Fi

Bills

This..

Kicker L5 is a very proven woofer in the lanes for SPL

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

First off, Marlo this isn't a english forum so honestly I don't see the need to correct everyone that hurts your feelers. Does grammar correction make you sleep well at night? :nea:For you

Second, why is everyone dissing Kicker? Kickers been around longer for a reason... Why would a brand thats 'known' for poor quality still exist?

I love Kicker, always will run them no matter what..

I'm biased on my choice... Whoever said Kicker is good for the entry level (mxman) I'd love an explanation why they are only good for entry level. Oh, also why are Kicker garbage? IMO your shits garbage... Yours was Kicker is, so mine is yours are. Get it?

Fi.... :give_rose:

Using this logic, Pyle, Boss, Legacy, Pyramid, Dual, shouldnt be around, people still buy them though. The guys at kicker just have a good product and great marketing.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

along with all of the above mentions SSD'S CAN BE RECONED! buy a kicker and blow it and its a $300 paperweight. Plus its always fun to be louder with less with a lesser known company, instead of advertising you have kicker like flaming homosexual advertises hes, well gay ---nothin against gays btw, it just fit the comparison lol---

Not true.....as long as you buy it authorized, BTW I my CVX's have been great to me, back when I used to have CVR's I blew one and it was a paper wieght but it wasnt my paper weight it was Kickers since I sent it in for 15 bucks and got a brand spankin new sub a week later. So it could be more cost effective in a way to go with Kicker, so insead of paying 100 bucks for a recone you pay 15 dollars for a brand new sub.

However if you dont get the subs from an authorized dealer or online you might have a harder time with the warrenty.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Go with a Fi Q or Fi BL.Q if you are limited on space and might need to run sealed and more worried about SQ, BL if you can port it and want just raw and outstanding output.The sub that gets louder......the BL if you have the power to feed it and the ability and knowledge to build the box correctly.

Archived