noooo i would like to know more...alarms is my total weak point...i had a very bad install i did on a saab and after that i wont even try anymore i always pay a PROFESSIONAL

it's OK, it was a Saab... we all have bad times with Saab... on daily basis with me!

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

Saab sucks.

And CAN is getting into alot more than just alarms.

I'd say 99.998% of this forum doesnt need/use anything with CAN/MOST

I might start a little thread later.

Just be forewarned, it's gonna seem wayyyyyyyy out there at first..lol

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

seriously,

I think putting the passionate views asside of how you feel, and look at it from a business standpoint

you have a few security companies out there.

who is the biggest? do they offer warranty, quality products, a huge selection of products, reliability... the largest dealer base in the states, if not world, and competitively priced.

then you look at the next guy in line, he is usually trying hard to make a great impressions and steal away business from the top guy... but usually it ends in problems as the company struggles or goes out of business...

I also cheer for the under dog... hell you have to if you are a Cleveland sports fan...

but what i am trying to say here, the biggest company in this case; is the the biggest for a reason. I went the way of compustar before, what i found out was crazy... the tracking unit they offer was priced $200 dealer cost more than what i could buy the same module elsewhere from... so as I dealer I am spending $200 more and charging the customer more when I could of got the same damn thing from someone else... pathetic.

Another thing that everyone needs to know, is that a lot of these systems are installed by dealers, it is out of your control how well they work and out of the control of the manufacturer... because 90% of the install techs are hacks!

Saab sucks.

And CAN is getting into alot more than just alarms.

I'd say 99.998% of this forum doesnt need/use anything with CAN/MOST

I might start a little thread later.

Just be forewarned, it's gonna seem wayyyyyyyy out there at first..lol

it isn't that hard Ray... easiest way is to tell everyone it is networking and they will understand

To the OP, I made a thread a while back that shows how to use your aux. outputs. If you need some help be sure and post up what you need.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=46289

As for my input, I've been with my viper 791xv for almost 3 years I would say and it's been great. Only issue I'm having is my remote got dropped and the screen is about useless. I'll be needing a new remote asap.

As for other brands, I've never heard anything about the compustar, apparently judging from the specs on it I read it seems pretty good, I remote would be my only disconcern. Doesn't have the appearance of an easy to use remote.

The DEI products seem to work great, and bottom line they are a bigger company, and well known. The Clifford matrix 70.7x is a great looking unit, as well as the viper 5902.

I'd say you wont go wrong with either one, it's just easier to find viper than clifford. Bigger name I would suppose even though they are basically the same thing.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

it's OK, it was a Saab... we all have bad times with Saab... on daily basis with me!

I'll do a Saab anyday over a VW/Audi :)

We just don't get enough of them up here.

I did just do one of the new dodge grand caravan's today with the wafer board you have to put onto the ignition switch... really didn't want to do it... But damn whata cake walk... I was in and out in just over an hour(and that was after pulling the ignition switch back out to mess with the placement of the wafer chip).

CANMAX > Dodge :)

parking lights, locks, alarm, tach, all the sliding doors... :)

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

I am the opposite, anything German over GM (saab) :)

I find the Germans to have better built vehicles, better wiring, and everyting goes back together nicely...

I prefer German too MBZ VW Audi

Car I hate the most would have to be Volvo.lol

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

• 6 months later...

Bringing the topic back from the dead, i've finally decided lol to go with Viper, but i can't decide if i really want to spend the extra money on the OLED key fob for the 5902 vs just the basic key fob for the 5901, more opinions please?

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Archived