has anyone heard of this?

oh i just saw it, its in a crx at 66hz. im looking for SUVs

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I have a 176db suv in my backyard with two L7 12s (the squares make it louder) and two 1000.1s but there are no pix and i wont bring it to any shows because its so dangerous for human health.

:D

JK skittles you know what i think about your ride and the score- keep it up man you need More powa! Be careful around those bassick boys you might wake up and find yourself with two Fis or AAs :huh:

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

lol i know what you mean.

those guys are trying so hard to get me to try out a pair of AA's lol. im looking around for the next pair im going to try. something more SQL

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Ive done a 150.4 at 37hz off 1900 clamped watts off 2 18s in a Chevy HHR. Sealed up legal..

thats cool but its over 2x the cone area. trying to find info on small cone, little power, in an suv.

and another note. im actualy trying to research what people did to get to the 150 so i need pics and system info. not just "i did this a while ago" or "i heard of some one that did this" i'm sure other people have done this, im just looking for details on how.

To give you a couple of examples that I know of Derrick824 from here on the forum has a 93 Explorer with 2 Nightshade 15's and clamped right around 3400 watts and did a 152.6 completely sealed on the dash at NSPL finals.

Jacob from Sundown has done several 151+ with a single Nightshade 15 and a Sundown 3000d in a 96 or so Jeep Cherokee.

I know I don't quite have a suv, but my car is a hatchback with a backseat and a cargo area bigger than most. It's basically an suv on a smaller scale and I have done some very good numbers with it off of low power.

With 2 Nightshade 12's and a clamped 2800 watts I was able to do a 149.7 sealed on the dash at 48hz. I was running a pair of saz1500's that were making almost 1400 watts each.

Then more recently I ran in the NSPL Car 1801-3600 watt class with 2 Nightshade 15's and 2 1500d's and did a best of 151.3 at 43hz sealed on the dash with a clamped 3592 watts. I switched to one sub and played around in testing and did a 151.9 at 52hz, but never did this number outside of testing before the show. I just couldn't keep it turned down and had to give it all it had and ended up at a 152.2 at 52hz with a clamped 4600 watts.

Now the same 1 Nightshade 15 ran off of 2 saz2000d's strapped at .5 ohms will burp over a 153 at 52hz sealed in my car. Again this number is not official so I won't claim it as my best yet, but there is a show on Sunday that I will see if it holds up on the NSPL meter. It has done an official best of a 152.6 off of a clamped 5200 watts at 52hz.

Sorry if that's not what your looking for, but I could go out an buy a Ford Explorer or an Escape and I guarantee that I will do as good if not better than what I'm doing in my ZX3. Ford suv's are just plain loud and anyone that owns an Expo or Escape will tell you that.

The secret to it is efficiency. Build a box that works with your vehicle's resonant frequency, does not peak at or around the woofer's fs, make sure your not burping your amps off insufficient voltage, and learn to brace the vehicle or find little tricks that increase spl without adding power or cone area. I can tell you from bracing my car I have seen as much as 1.4 db in gains opposed to no bracing aka people holding glass or pannles.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Why are you looking at suv's ???????

You drive a mini van :lmao:

BASTARD! :aggressive:

lol

To give you a couple of examples that I know of Derrick824 from here on the forum has a 93 Explorer with 2 Nightshade 15's and clamped right around 3400 watts and did a 152.6 completely sealed on the dash at NSPL finals.

Jacob from Sundown has done several 151+ with a single Nightshade 15 and a Sundown 3000d in a 96 or so Jeep Cherokee.

I know I don't quite have a suv, but my car is a hatchback with a backseat and a cargo area bigger than most. It's basically an suv on a smaller scale and I have done some very good numbers with it off of low power.

With 2 Nightshade 12's and a clamped 2800 watts I was able to do a 149.7 sealed on the dash at 48hz. I was running a pair of saz1500's that were making almost 1400 watts each.

Then more recently I ran in the NSPL Car 1801-3600 watt class with 2 Nightshade 15's and 2 1500d's and did a best of 151.3 at 43hz sealed on the dash with a clamped 3592 watts. I switched to one sub and played around in testing and did a 151.9 at 52hz, but never did this number outside of testing before the show. I just couldn't keep it turned down and had to give it all it had and ended up at a 152.2 at 52hz with a clamped 4600 watts.

Now the same 1 Nightshade 15 ran off of 2 saz2000d's strapped at .5 ohms will burp over a 153 at 52hz sealed in my car. Again this number is not official so I won't claim it as my best yet, but there is a show on Sunday that I will see if it holds up on the NSPL meter. It has done an official best of a 152.6 off of a clamped 5200 watts at 52hz.

Sorry if that's not what your looking for, but I could go out an buy a Ford Explorer or an Escape and I guarantee that I will do as good if not better than what I'm doing in my ZX3. Ford suv's are just plain loud and anyone that owns an Expo or Escape will tell you that.

The secret to it is efficiency. Build a box that works with your vehicle's resonant frequency, does not peak at or around the woofer's fs, make sure your not burping your amps off insufficient voltage, and learn to brace the vehicle or find little tricks that increase spl without adding power or cone area. I can tell you from bracing my car I have seen as much as 1.4 db in gains opposed to no bracing aka people holding glass or pannles.

that is helpful. i was hoping for more variety than all sundown stuff lol but ill go look for these build logs.

Sorry about giving feedback about Sundown only, but those are a few that I know of that are very loud off little power and not a ton of cone area. If I can think of anymore I'll get as much info on it and let you know.

On another note I'm sure that the numbers would be around the same with similar equiptment, so it's not really equiptment dependent. Actually being loud off little power and little cone area has not much at all to do with your equiptment. True good competition grade equiptment will make all the difference, but the build and know how is what is going to get you loud. Also being willing to keep working when you feel like you've hit a wall. In NSPL instead of adding power since it will put you in a larger class people look for all they can in the vehicle to increase spl. That's why NSPL has some of the loudest low power vehicles in the world.

I know it's not exactly what you asked for either but there is a guy that competes in NSPL that has a wall in a Jeep with 2 15's and clamps under 2500 watts and does over a 157.5 on the dash sealed. It's nice to think outside the box on what it takes to get you louder with less.

If I can be of any help let me know.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

In regards to my 8s... I did 150 legal with the pair in my Jeep -- the CRX was a single 8 and it was outlaw.

Here is mine on the dash legal with two 8s :

---

With my single 15" box the loudest low power score I have so far was at the last nSPL event:

151.0 dB

2182 clamped watts

Z v.2 Prototype 15"

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Archived