Sonic Electronix

i built my new box put the subs in and went to screw them down and my bit came loose while i was drilling and punctured a hole in the surround can i play it like this or should i take it and get it some new surrounds or can i repair it on my own?

please help

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

i built my new box put the subs in and went to screw them down and my bit came loose while i was drilling and punctured a hole in the surround can i play it like this or should i take it and get it some new surrounds or can i repair it on my own?

please help

Clear nail polish works great if it's not too bad of a hole.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

doesnt the finger nail polish dry hard i thought rubber cement would dry flexible thats what my dad said and he said its not ass bad i puncture through the surround but u can see it unless u get up close like the surround just closed back up but i am going to get some cement tomorrow to fix it and check out my buuild of the box and the sub that got damaged?

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

never heard of the nail polish... Ive used RTV gasket glue on the back side let it dry, and no more probs

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

doesnt the finger nail polish dry hard i thought rubber cement would dry flexible thats what my dad said and he said its not ass bad i puncture through the surround but u can see it unless u get up close like the surround just closed back up but i am going to get some cement tomorrow to fix it and check out my buuild of the box and the sub that got damaged?

Yep, it will work fine. I've used rubber cement on this exact problem before & it works great. Held forever once I used a ton of it

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

thanks man thats what ive got to get tomorow some rubber cement man when i did that i had built the new box and painted the port caulked the inside and the went to put the subs in and then i fucked up and then i put a puncture in it and then i felt like a dumb ass and that all the stuff i did was a waste of time has anyone ever had that feeling before when u messed up on something

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

no.....never...... :unsure::blush:

meaning u have never messed up a sub surround and felt like anything u did before was a waste of time i dont know why i felt that way but i did

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"