looking for new headunits

http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseac...CFVw55QodnTEAKg

deh-510ub

f/r/s 4v outputs, 7band eq, high/low pass, DSR for your digital music, 2 year warrantee (if you get it from an authorized place anyhow)

you can choose songs from the ipod or the radio (actually really easy to use, has all the ipod functions and a dot matrix display, as well as alphabet search and link search.)

i know you said alpine, but i ditched my alpine for the older version of this and have never looked back, for the price its probably the best on the market imo.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseac...CFVw55QodnTEAKg

deh-510ub

f/r/s 4v outputs, 7band eq, high/low pass, DSR for your digital music, 2 year warrantee (if you get it from an authorized place anyhow)

you can choose songs from the ipod or the radio (actually really easy to use, has all the ipod functions and a dot matrix display, as well as alphabet search and link search.)

i know you said alpine, but i ditched my alpine for the older version of this and have never looked back, for the price its probably the best on the market imo.

meh.. not a fan of pioneer HUs..

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13

Ya i'm on GAOC, I have like 1 or 2 posts. I would get some cheap scosche RCA cables, they seem to work very well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Scosche-e2-ERCA17-17-F...0f#ht_982wt_939

lol yeah, cuz i knew you had a GA.. but never seen you over there.. lol

i'll prolly end up running some kicker maybe even monster RCA cables, possibly rockford.. whatever i can get the best deal on for the best quality

i cant haz wal-mart shiz in my system, it'll take away lyke, 100 dBs

Team Sundown Audio

lol yeah, cuz i knew you had a GA.. but never seen you over there.. lol

i'll prolly end up running some kicker maybe even monster RCA cables, possibly rockford.. whatever i can get the best deal on for the best quality

i cant haz wal-mart shiz in my system, it'll take away lyke, 100 dBs

^^^^^ Rule #1 you dont buy stuff for you car/audio where you can buy groceries :nea:

As far as the decks go, i like to run Pioneer only. But outta the two alpines i would go with the first one (CDA-105)

^^^^^ Rule #1 you dont buy stuff for you car/audio where you can buy groceries :nea:

As far as the decks go, i like to run Pioneer only. But outta the two alpines i would go with the first one (CDA-105)

I've never heard of anyone having problems with scosche rca cables :mellow:

the cheap scosche ones, the like generic blue/white ones that arent twisted, legit pulled the terminal off the wire plugging it into a h/u. not like anything nuts, just plugging it in and the wire fell out.

now you've heard of someone with problems...

tbh, even soundquest bulk rca's are a step up. the only thing i've seen thats worse than scosche BUDGET kits (they do make some really nice stuff, but the low end stuff is poop) is raptor. raptor is just plain horrible...

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

yeah, i just need something better than these knu ones.. not great TBH

Team Sundown Audio

I got the Alpine CDA-105.

Being completly honest comming from a installer, this headunit replaced my old CDA-9885. Which was a nicer unit. Im way happier with the low end 105 vs my old 9885. My main reason being that my 9885 skipped around 147-148db.

While I am unsure if my cda-105 skips at all. I burped a bit with it in competitions and always above a 150db never skipped on the tones.

The cda-105 offered things my old headunit didnt. Such as the ability to use a flash drive which is what I really wanted to be sure to be skip free, and i am. You can also use a ipod with it (cord sold separately).

The thing I liked the most about my cda-105 is I didnt have to go thru the hassle of buying a new xm brain box, installing it, then transferring my account to the new brain. My old Bluetooth kit also worked with the cda 105, so that was another thing I didnt have to buy new and re-install.

The only real Dislike about the CDA-105 is the dot matrix display, but this is one of the main reasons the headunit is so cheap compared to a higher model like the cda-9886 or cda-9887 that have the nicer display. But I knew of this when I bought it, and it doesnt effect performance so I didnt care.

Pioneers are nice. Had a Primeir last year or so. It was ok, but I couldnt stand the volume knob...

The quarter turn to the right for volume up, or to the left for volume down, or push it left for last track, or right for next track.

Over all it felt like a cheap plastic knob that was poorly designed and would keep me from buying pioneer again

I got the Alpine CDA-105.

Being completly honest comming from a installer, this headunit replaced my old CDA-9885. Which was a nicer unit. Im way happier with the low end 105 vs my old 9885. My main reason being that my 9885 skipped around 147-148db.

While I am unsure if my cda-105 skips at all. I burped a bit with it in competitions and always above a 150db never skipped on the tones.

The cda-105 offered things my old headunit didnt. Such as the ability to use a flash drive which is what I really wanted to be sure to be skip free, and i am. You can also use a ipod with it (cord sold separately).

The thing I liked the most about my cda-105 is I didnt have to go thru the hassle of buying a new xm brain box, installing it, then transferring my account to the new brain. My old Bluetooth kit also worked with the cda 105, so that was another thing I didnt have to buy new and re-install.

The only real Dislike about the CDA-105 is the dot matrix display, but this is one of the main reasons the headunit is so cheap compared to a higher model like the cda-9886 or cda-9887 that have the nicer display. But I knew of this when I bought it, and it doesnt effect performance so I didnt care.

Pioneers are nice. Had a Primeir last year or so. It was ok, but I couldnt stand the volume knob...

The quarter turn to the right for volume up, or to the left for volume down, or push it left for last track, or right for next track.

Over all it felt like a cheap plastic knob that was poorly designed and would keep me from buying pioneer again

yeah i agree with the part about the pioneers, my bro has one and im like.. eh could care less about it

i did end up getting the cda-105 :) so im pumped to finally replace my kdc-mp338.. gotta sell it though now lol

but yeah.. which types of flash drives will work with these? i plan on putting all my itunes files onto it so its almost like my ipod play list for if i forget my ipod or something, as for display, it wont bother me.. and it comes with the ipod cord.. also skipping, my current HU skips from the bass and it pisses me the f* off, and i dont think im hitting any higher than a 145 lol

Team Sundown Audio