Nice sub for home theater

Alright, I'm kinda stuck here. I'm looking to buy a nice sub for a small room (10x10 aprox., didn't measure). I like alota bass and I'm looking for something not boomy but HQ as well as something that will shake the walls. I'm currently using the sub from a Logitech Z-2300 system, but I've outgrown it. It's too directional, and I've hit it's limit plenty of times, plus it can't go down further than 35 Hz. I had my eye on a BIC V1020, but I'm not sure so do you have any comments for that? I really want a Klipsch Synergy Sub 10, but it's too expensive for my budget :(

Any ideas? Oh yea, I almost forgot, my budget. I don't wanna spend a lot on the sub, as I still have yet to buy a receiver/speakers (Onkyo TX-SR507/Dayton HTS-1200B). And I'm not quite clear on how much I will have to spend, but it's definitely at least $385.

Thanks in advance!

It's probably a long shot, but if you can find the older model SoundStream rubicon woofers, they make fantastic sub-30Hz loudspeakers.

The Behringer studio monitor subwoofer is also a strong contender when the going gets low, and has all sorts of tasty features. It WILL huff and puff when you reach the tuning though, make no doubt about that.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

It's probably a long shot, but if you can find the older model SoundStream rubicon woofers, they make fantastic sub-30Hz loudspeakers.

The Behringer studio monitor subwoofer is also a strong contender when the going gets low, and has all sorts of tasty features. It WILL huff and puff when you reach the tuning though, make no doubt about that.

Cheers,

Mick

Thanks a lot mate! And yea I love them, treossi. I do have one question for you, Mick... What do you mean by huff and puff for the tuning? Do you mean it will be extremely difficult or just slow or what? Sorry I'm just slightly confused! It's been a long day (dealing with family "function"), and I'm kinda out of it, while playing MW2, lol.

I've been pretty happy with my HSU subwoofer. I have the STF-2 (10" driver, 200 watts) which is the same as the vtf-1 in max extension mode. Mine is in a 11x15 room that is very open to my kitchen and hallways, so it's not a small area. It gives me plenty of output.

http://hsuresearch.com/subwoofers.html

I bought mine after getting recommended to look at HSU and I'm happy with it. Well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to upgrade, but for the money I'm happy.

Edit: not really sure if you're looking to buy a sub and build an enclosure or just buy the whole thing outright.

Edited by R_Mac_1

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

I've been pretty happy with my HSU subwoofer. I have the STF-2 (10" driver, 200 watts) which is the same as the vtf-1 in max extension mode. Mine is in a 11x15 room that is very open to my kitchen and hallways, so it's not a small area. It gives me plenty of output.

http://hsuresearch.com/subwoofers.html

I bought mine after getting recommended to look at HSU and I'm happy with it. Well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to upgrade, but for the money I'm happy.

Edit: not really sure if you're looking to buy a sub and build an enclosure or just buy the whole thing outright.

Thanks! I'll look at that! And I'm actually looking for something that all comes as one unit, such as a Klipsch Syntergy Sub 10. It's the sub, the enclosure, and the amp all in one.

Edit: The STF-2 looks amazing, but it's a little out of my budget. As well as the STF-1, but it doesn't go as low or loud as I'd prefer.

Edited by BassJunkie27

Thanks a lot mate! And yea I love them, treossi. I do have one question for you, Mick... What do you mean by huff and puff for the tuning? Do you mean it will be extremely difficult or just slow or what? Sorry I'm just slightly confused! It's been a long day (dealing with family "function"), and I'm kinda out of it, while playing MW2, lol.

It will have lots of port noise at tuning.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

• 2 weeks later...

ive said it before and ill say it again. the PSB subseries 1 is a great HT sub for small rooms. its just an 8, but it gets down for an 8. ive got 2 in my living room and one in my bedroom. i like stuff a little bass heavy, but not crazy, and for my bedroom it rattles all kinds of shit on my walls and the pair in the living room do really great.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Alright, I'm kinda stuck here. I'm looking to buy a nice sub for a small room (10x10 aprox., didn't measure). I like alota bass and I'm looking for something not boomy but HQ as well as something that will shake the walls. I'm currently using the sub from a Logitech Z-2300 system, but I've outgrown it. It's too directional, and I've hit it's limit plenty of times, plus it can't go down further than 35 Hz. I had my eye on a BIC V1020, but I'm not sure so do you have any comments for that? I really want a Klipsch Synergy Sub 10, but it's too expensive for my budget :(

Any ideas? Oh yea, I almost forgot, my budget. I don't wanna spend a lot on the sub, as I still have yet to buy a receiver/speakers (Onkyo TX-SR507/Dayton HTS-1200B). And I'm not quite clear on how much I will have to spend, but it's definitely at least $385.

Thanks in advance!

I had a klipsch sub 12, it was nice but not worth $500, So I utilized best buys 30 day return policy ;)

I would suggest an eD A2-300 , Great sub for the $ goes deep hits hard and is very very well made.. Oh and it pretty much destroyed the klipsch i had, if you would like to use that as a reference

http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_info.p...products_id=407

2- DC Lvl 3 12's

Memphis mc1000d

146.2 TL , (7-4-09)